Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What vehicle security system do you use?

Re: What vehicle security system do you use?

i use to have a clifford (something basic just siren, auto door lock and remote start) and after my truck got broken into and they didnt even care about the alarm going off i went to viper... and had extra sirens installed inside the vehicle... lets just say that if you are in the truck when those sirens go off.. either your ears will bleed or you will get the hell out as fast as you can!

i forget what the actual name of the siren is, but its inside the truck, and LOUD!!!
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Thanks for all the suggestions so far! You guys rock! I keep flip flopping back and forth on the alarm or just keyless entry. I know in some areas, an alarm is just an annoyance and no one looks into it, but where I live, if an alarm went off in the middle of the night. Many of us would be out checking it out. Had April's truck had an alarm, it would have gone off when they tried the door handle to her truck.

But then I do see the annoyance of the alarms as well, and like the ease of just installing keyless entry. I like the idea of the alarms inside.

Kill switches are on the to do list, starting with the van (this is the only one I'm worried about getting jacked here where I live), and then the 4runner which I'm more worried about when I travel with it.
    My signature

I found and killed a ginormous black widow today. I should have caught him in one of those coffee cans, stuck a couple bills in there and left the 4runner unlocked with the can sitting on the front seat.
    My signature

Chris,

I have a Marksman alarm in my 4Runner.
    http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=55

My Buddy runs the local stereo shop so i get some pretty good deals out of him.

My Solaris in my Tahoe took a dump Saturday so i need to go hit him up for a new alarm.

I could get you one while I'm at it and send it down. I'm sure i could talk him into giving me the wiring details for a 91.

I had him put mine in(lazy cause i had to add door locks to all 4 doors)install and alarm only cost me $200 something.

I got a Remote start key less entry alarm. Makes it nice to be sleeping in the back and just hit a button to turn the truck on for 15min.

Let me know, I'm going to try to stop by this week.

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Thanks Reggie!

That one you linked, is that the one you have?
    My signature

The Key fob looks just like that.
    Honestly I'm not 100% if its the X11.

It is two way and remote start.

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

sorry to hear they nabbed your stuff! that sucks!

my personal experience with viper (and other alarms from their parent company, whos name escapes me, sold under names like hornet) has been less than steller. i found the remotes failing often, the alarm not working in high heat (dad's truck alarm stopped working at about 114 in vegas, i had to remove it to start the truck) and generally being disappointed by the high price.

i love the one i put in my 4runner. i have the dual shock sensor set so only the loudest of passing motorcycles and rice rockets make it chirp. only times ive had the alarm go off were when people hit my truck in the parking lot (gotta love them sliders...) so far its one of the best 70 dollars ive ever spent.

youve probably seen this on EXPO, but i thought it was really cool. just means they'd break your glass though: http://www.overlandhardware.com/protect.html
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Sean, what is the $70 dollar one that you have in your 4runner?

Yeah, Joaquin's hasps are pretty cool. When I get a hardtop made for the trailer, I'll probably go get some from him.
    My signature

this is what i have: (not affiliated) http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Crime-Stoppe...3286.m20.l1116

ebay item number: 180212467749

there are newer models on the market now, i cant attest to their greatness. i liked this one because of the features, key fob (nice and big, simple, not flashy, feels well built compared to mom's python alarm (another viper derivative)
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Thanks Sean I definately like the price point on that one. His feedback on ebay is really good too!
    My signature

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast