Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boredom took its toll on my Stubbs sliders

Re: Boredom took its toll on my Stubbs sliders

Ok, I've gotta do that. My dog is afraid to get out of the back seats, and I think that may help him and the little lady NOT have heart attacks anytime he steps out...

all 3rd gen middle body mounts are like that...

yep..very odd but thats how its supposed to look.
    sonny<br />1998 4Runner LTD...d0uble locked on 35&#039;s<br />crawlinbc.com

Very cool! I just posted a new thread about doing something very similar, but with flattened expanded metal sheet. I wish I would have seen your thread first.

http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...6&topic=4099.0

I would appreciate any comments/thoughts.

Thanks,

Bandit Runner<br />2002 Sport Edition 4wd<br /><br />Mods:<br />SS 1.2 Lift, 1.5&quot; Body Lift, 315/75R16 Mickey Thompson MTZ&#39;s, Custom Front and Rear Bumpers and Skidplate, Custom Sliders, Eagle Alloy Wheels, Custom Snokel<br /><br />Next:&nbsp; Custom Belly Skid, Custom Roof Rack, Winch, 5.29 Gears, Locker?

Beautiful work. I love the look of them. The way you have them set, fitting the lines of the sliders is so nice and balanced. I love the way it won't trap water and it'll let the dirt fall through.
    2001 4Runner SR5 - 1.5&quot; 4Crwaler BL | Toytec Coilovers TT-AFCS-550 | <br />OME 891s | Bilstein 4R96-BIL | Armorology Bull Bar | Warn M8000 | Engle 14 quart Freezer/Warmer&nbsp; MHFD-015E-D | Cobra 18WXSTII&nbsp; | Thule basket | Yokohama Geolander MT+ 305/70R16 | Low profile cargo | rear seat panel | Laptop mount | Globalsat BU-353 GPS |&nbsp; NGEO Topo | Delorme Topo.

Thank you!

I forgot to post this picture. Shortly after completing this project we took a trip to the desert (Joshua Tree) for 4 days of wheeling. Even though the sliders had 2-3 coats of primer and 6 coats of paint, the gravel blew through it all and left me with this:

[img width=532 height=800]http://home.off-road.com/~kemanuel/4Runner/mods/sliders-work.jpg[/img]

But, the point is that they did their job. You'll note tons of chips in the bottom of the plates, and yet none of those rocks made it up to the body. Keep in mind those chips are from one extended weekend of wheeling, so clearly over the lifetime of the vehicle the paint is going to stay much nicer.

and thanks again for the comments!

I did the same thing to my 10 yr. old All Pro sliders. I made mine removable so that I could clean/repaint etc. Bolts are stainless.
    &#39;08 F-250 (work truck) &#39;08 Armada LE (wife&#39;s truck) &#39;94 4Runner on Mog 404&#39;s (money pit) &#39;55 Bel Air (family heirloom) &#39;64 Pontiac LeMans (family heirloom) Scorpa SY-250, &#39;08 TTR110 (daughter&#39;s bike) &#39;02 PW 50 (daughter&#39;s bike) &#39;02 XR 50 (son&#39;s bike)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123