Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OME Install Q's

Re: OME Install Q's

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnersurf
    After all the attempts to convince my dad, he still isn't convinced, but I see signs of wear on the horizon. He wants write up's on the company and reviews from various people. He still doesn't think it's worth 600 bucks. Do any of you guys/gals have links to various review sites for Old Man Emu and writeups on their coils and shocks. Thanks in advance.
    I hear you, but I think you need to explain to your father than this isn't something you'll find on epinions.com getting reviwed right below the treadmills. This swap has been done so many times it's not even funny. I get emails almost constantly on "how I like my setup?" or "how does it ride?" or "is it really that much better than stock?" or "how much lift will I get with it?" or "is there a writeup on how to install them?" and the list goes on and on. The bottom line is that I love my setup but it is personal preference and it may be hard or impossible to have someone believe (without trying it first) that the suspension will really be that much better than stock after the install (let alone $600 better). The fact that litterally HUNDREDS of people have installed this same setup and I have RARELY seen a complaint should speak volumes though. Call up Toyota of Dallas or Wheelers and ask them how many OME setups they have sold since they started selling them.....I'd bet you'll be shocked.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

well put jamie
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Will do Jaime. Thanks for the quick input.
    - Dan<br />&nbsp; 1998 4runner SR5

I have always enjoyed OME suspension. On my ol'92 I put OME on after a short and horroble experience with pro-comps/rancho. Once I put the OME on, it was like heaven to me. When I got my 99, and when the time came that the stock suspension failed I knew it was going to be replaced only with OME. Took me a bit to decide on the firm or comfort shocks, but knew either way I would be happy. Personally I do enjoy my setup, especially with poor roads in my city for DD and when I go off the pavement it performs like a champ. The main thing to remember is that OME is truly more focused on the ride than the lift. You will see that the majority of the products they have only yield 1-3 inches of lift over stock. Also to note, my 92 now belongs to my friend, and after 4yrs of the suspension being put on it still is as responsive as it was to begin with.
    99 4Runner Limited

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234