Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OME Install Q's

OME Install Q's

I purchased a full OME Suspension lift kit the other day. I need to know before I install, is there any other expenses I will need to put out for, other than the install itself. (Diff Drop, Panhard bar, etc...)

Thanks
    - Dan<br />&nbsp; 1998 4runner SR5

Re: OME Install Q's

Depending on the lift height, rear you'll benefit from a longer panhard bar otherwise the rear will sway driving over a bump like one wheel going over it slightly ahead of the other wheel. I think the axle sits at an small angle if you leave the stock panhard length.

Front, if its a 4WD you'll benefit from a Diff Drop to avoid tearing CV boots or breaking CV axles. If its not a 4WD this does not apply.

I'd say do those things for 2 to 3" lifts. Alignment may be slightly off after lifting. Other things like Rear extended brake line, e-brake cable bracket. Check out sonoran steel llc for these items or read the lift faq on this site.
    -Jc1996 SR5 4WD 5SPD 4RunnerStock till 213,000 milesSonoran SS rear brake line|Sonoran diff drop|Sonoran Panhard drop bracket|SAW 2.5 C/O's|OME891-N86|Magnaflow 24|Deckplate Mod|Trueflow Airfilter|BruceTS Rear Bumper|Airaid MIT|Shrockworks Front Bumper|Trail-mart 67 sliders

yes youll need the panhard drop bracket.

for the record, i wheeled my 3rd gen 4r hard and never put a diff drop in. i only killed one cv and it had nothing to do with the angle, it had to do with me getting frustrated and slamming the gas to get over an obstacle and coming down HARD on it.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

I agree that the diff drop is arguable though it is a cheap thing to do. The theory behind it is sound. I would look at your CV boot angles after the lift and see if the fins of the boots touch at all. If they do then may want to put the diff drop on.

Having done both a pan hard drop bracket on a vehicle and a longer pan hard bar on another, I would do the longer bar before the drop bracket. Totally a personal opinion though. These do help keep your drive shaft out of the gas tank skid plate although mine has still hit it with a longer pan hard bar. I don't think this should be considered an optional mod, either way you choose to do it, with the lift.

I think you will really like the OME lift though. Simple.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

yeah you need the panhard drop or elongated bar so your axle aligns straight as well
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Lee, you said elongated! LOL

Sorry.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Drop bracket or longer panhard bar can wait, not really needed... With the lift your only a 1/4" out of alignment....
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Quote Originally Posted by ecchamberlin
    Lee, you said elongated! LOL

Sorry.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

So the panhard can wait??? How will the ride be without the Panhard?

Also:
    http://www.sonoransteel.com/store_adjustable_bar.html

Would this need to be welded at all or just remove stock and add this?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast