Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OME Install Q's

Re: OME Install Q's

That's what I hope, because my dad is giving me crap about wanting to lift it. he just doesn't want me to install it then encounter problems that cost more money.
    - Dan<br />&nbsp; 1998 4runner SR5

No with that setup the lift isnt severe enough to encounter any real issues. The only thing you get out of it is an awesome ride. Though I do like the comfort shocks, I may one day try the firms, that is when I get to a city that doesnt have potholes instead of roads.
    99 4Runner Limited

Is there anything wrong with the comfort shocks? Are they too bouncy?

comfort = softer which = bouncy, at least offroad.

on road they will absorb softer which some people prefer.

i think these trucks are best when firm.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Lee:

Did you have both the comfort and the firm? If so, can you compare the two without considering off road performance?

DNAHilux and Jamie:

How is your ride with the comfort shocks? Would you prefer a firmer ride?

nope i only had the firm ones

i had bilsteins before that though which were softer shocks and i hated those over time.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnersurf
    DNAHilux and Jamie:

How is your ride with the comfort shocks? Would you prefer a firmer ride?
    It's really personal preference for comfort vs firm shocks but I love the feel of the OME comfort shocks I put on and I don't find them bouncy at all (the softer part is on the rebound, not the compression). You definately don't need any diff drops or anything if you go with the same setup I have.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

yeah im sure on-road the comforts are fine
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Thanks for all the help guys. All that's left is to call Scott and order it. I will keep you updated.

After all the attempts to convince my dad, he still isn't convinced, but I see signs of wear on the horizon. He wants write up's on the company and reviews from various people. He still doesn't think it's worth 600 bucks. Do any of you guys/gals have links to various review sites for Old Man Emu and writeups on their coils and shocks. Thanks in advance.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast