Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Veronica gets new facelift, the runner SAS plans

Re: Veronica gets new facelift, the runner SAS plans

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    8" rears are weak. Full Float helps the shafts, but not the gears. I regret having an 8" Diamond with all my link stuff, but am thankful for a tow rig for when the gears give up.

You have a lot of gearing and HP, that is hard on parts even at 35's.

Schaefer's site has a bunch of steering box stuff.
    Yep...I'm keepin' my fingers crossed with the Zuk Cryo'd 8" and PP shafts.
    &#039;00 SR5, &quot;Highlander&quot; <br />Dual Cases, Aisin Hubs, E-Lock&#039;d, Cryo&#039;d, Chromo&#039;d, ARB&#039;d, 315&#039;s, Sonoran Steel Bumper, Lift &amp; UCA&#039;s, 4 Crawl 1&quot; BL, Armored...etc.<br /><br />F-Toy #081 in progress<br />Dual Cases, 30 Splines, 5.71&#039;s, E-lockers, Hydro-Assist, 37&#039;s, DOM Hendrix Chassis, 80Proof, ORS, Sonoran Steel...etc.

alright... so dibs on your front ARB locker if your selling it!
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Slide
    I may have missed it in the previous pages, so forgive me if this has already been covered...

To start with, since your 4Runner was 2wd to begin with, did it even come equipped with VSC & TRAC? (I can't remember if the 01-02 2wds came with it or not.) If yours did come with it, then by going sas, do you just loose all the traction aides or do you have a work around for it?

If it did not come stock with the traction aides, then nevermind. A sas should be much easier then! Good luck.
    i do have VSC, but when i went to 4wd, my vsc and abs are all off right now due to 4cyl tacoma spindles without abs plugs.

so that isnt going to be an issue.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerUp
    haha i already called it in person. haha i basically called his whole front end so i can get the manual hubs too. lol
    96 4Runner, 4in OME/LC lift (883&#039;s w/ top plate spacer, Land Cruiser&#039;s 8 coil) 2in Body Lift 315/75/16&#039;s. rear e-locker&nbsp; <br />I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE JEEP THING THATS WHY I HAVE A TOYOTA!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Runner202020
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnerUp
    haha i already called it in person. haha i basically called his whole front end so i can get the manual hubs too. lol

aww crap.... well now i guess i just have to find other things to waste my money on
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

actually Bobby, i told you Rob made the call dibs on the front diff, but you dibbed up the rest.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

weak lol i'm local less hassle. haha jk
    96 4Runner, 4in OME/LC lift (883&#039;s w/ top plate spacer, Land Cruiser&#039;s 8 coil) 2in Body Lift 315/75/16&#039;s. rear e-locker&nbsp; <br />I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE JEEP THING THATS WHY I HAVE A TOYOTA!!

I think you need to tell RunnerUp that he has to come out here and pick it up just so we can do some wheeling
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    another side note, there have been many that have experienced gear failure in the "lefty" T-cases, if your gonna go this far, you might as well invest in an Atlas trandfer case...
    where have you seen this? i have about one of 7 leftys, i have not noticed any gear failures.
    http://board.marlincrawler.com/index...inchworm+lefty

Quote Originally Posted by RokCrawlinToy
    I wouldn't get a left. I know of 3 that have been broken (1 in front of me@Moab) and they use fail gear parts inside it.
    well until he has proven evidence from pictures and other stuff, then i dont take that post as anything true.

i read pirate more then i do MCs board, nothing on the lefty, leaky adapters? thats the installers fault, not inchworm.

Well I guess you got your evidence

From TTORA board
    Marc told me to post up on here and have also talked to Greg. My tcase output or input or something destroyed itself while going to get gas on barrett parkway, it is now parked in front of a building on marrietta blvd nw which is technically south atlanta road.

I thought id ask if someone could help me drop the case, i have gotten the front driveshaft disconnected, some bolts from the xmember and i have taken out all the tideous shifter shit as well.

my # is 864-376-6393, wont be on the net too much.

thanks for any help that anyone gives.

sorry for the trouble.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

well good research bruce.... this is a dead topic and doesn't need to be brought up anymore. its like you just rubbing people into the ground. this is supposed to be a friendly board with good people and most of your comments are yes very helpful but you post and do them in a manner which is not kind what so ever. he didn't ask for help here because he does not feel welcome and mainly because of your negative actions in your post. how is this board going to grow when you push people away... and i know he took stuff a little close to the heart but he just wanted nice constructive critism not negative critism. ya know.... everyone on here follows you and loves you for some reason... i dont get it you do know a crazy amount of things about our runners and people look up at you for that but people are starting to follow you in the way the post which is in the negative manner. just think about that for a while...

thanks

bobby

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast