Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3.4 into 2nd gen 4Runner?

Re: 3.4 into 2nd gen 4Runner?

Ok guys, everyone is entitled to an opinion and both have been stated so let's just help racer944 get the info he's after.

On the swap subject I know mt_goat (Dale) has done that swap and has tons of pics here:
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/547008638SvPVRb
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/131498818HrETWD
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

So I just spent about 5 hours reading up on the swap. Wow. Not only do I not have the time, but I'm not as confident in my skills after reading all that. Got a buddy that has a bad 2nd gen body, where as mine is in great shape, no rust, got sliders, neoprene seats, 33's, borla exhaust... Maybe I'll see if he wants to take it and I'll just get a 4 door Tacoma, pre-2005.

Not saying that it wouldn't be worth it, but I'm fairly busy as hell right now. 12 hours of classes, 50+ hours of work, and an engagement/wedding to plan. I need something a bit easier. Not to mention, I think my GTI is about to die, so I want to get SOME money for it before it kicks the bucket...

And nothing is wrong with Yotatech, I'm just liking the fresh-ness of this site.

Can't do it.

Manual makes it easy, auto adds some hoops.

If you are asking about it, I am guessing you would benefit from a kit. Check out Off Road Solutions, pioneers in the 3.4 swap. They can help from little parts to the whole kit.

It costs money, particularly if you have an auto, then you get into dual cases, etc.

It is almost always cheaper and easier to put a 3.0 back in.

Once you do this, you are pretty married to the truck.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Once you do this, you are pretty married to the truck.
    That way you can have 2 weddings to plan for.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12