Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: front spacers/trim packers

front spacers/trim packers

where could i purchase some trim packers with extended studs for the front of my truck to go with my tundra coils. im looking for something similar to what used to come in sonorans kit. thanks.
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Re: front spacers/trim packers

http://www.toyteclifts.com/96024runn...runnerliftkits

part number Part # TOP1-T

i have them and love them. and they are a great company.
    96 4Runner, 4in OME/LC lift (883&#039;s w/ top plate spacer, Land Cruiser&#039;s 8 coil) 2in Body Lift 315/75/16&#039;s. rear e-locker&nbsp; <br />I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE JEEP THING THATS WHY I HAVE A TOYOTA!!

i actually have those toytec ones already. they came with the 3" lift i bought from them. i think they are thicker than what used to come with sonoran kit. the ones i want look plastic and are white. if i use the toytec spacers with tundra coils i think its going to be to high in the front.

Quote Originally Posted by sschaefer3
    Your line of though should be shock length and CV axle binding. That is the direction you should investigate. Not an answer but a direction to look.
    .....what? all im looking for is a tiny bit more lift up front to match the LC coils i have for the rear. i have 04 trd tundra coils and green tokico shocks, all i want now is the tiny little white spacer that everyone who bought your old (i think it was 1.51 kit) is running. im not saying i would do this on my truck at all but have you seen the guys on here running 2 of those spacers up front or other setups that are most certainly to high in the front?

I also have LC coils in the rear of mine and 3" revtek up front. I put an additional 3/8-1/2 hardened spacer up front to lift it a touch higher.

I think its about perfect with a little rake that way when I tow or have a load in the back its level. My other 97 I had I put downey coil over adjustables and had it cranked up to 3 1/2 or a touch higher without problems. A little higher in the rear is better in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Bighead
    What he's trying to say is adding any additional lift to the front end to match the LC coils will increase the chance of your damaging your axles...think about the big picture of how all the parts of the front end interact and what that apparently small amount of extra lift will affect. If you have 3" of lift on front you are already pushing the limits of what the OEM CVs can handle. In my opinion, trying to match the height of the rear LC coils is a bad idea because of their height. A better option for a level look (if that's what you want) would be to keep what you have up front and get a shorter rear coil like an OME 890 or 891.
    i didnt mean to say "match" the lc coils. if i put my lc coils in now the rear is going to be just a tad to high compared to the front. i have the exact same front suspension setup as what sonoran was selling minus the thin white plastic spacer he included in his kit. all i want is that dam spacer. tons of taco and 4runner owners bought that kit from steve and are running them. some people are even running taller suspensions than that and im not interested in that. i just dont see what is so difficult. you tell me im going to be killing cv's yet a month ago steve was selling what i want to run and said this is the best setup bar none wont kill cv's blah blah blah now i get a different story?

i thought i was on yotatech for a second. contact doug at toytec lifts he'll set you up with a pair
    <br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

Quote Originally Posted by 20005spd
    What he's trying to say is adding any additional lift to the front end to match the LC coils will increase the chance of your damaging your axles...think about the big picture of how all the parts of the front end interact and what that apparently small amount of extra lift will affect. If you have 3" of lift on front you are already pushing the limits of what the OEM CVs can handle. In my opinion, trying to match the height of the rear LC coils is a bad idea because of their height. A better option for a level look (if that's what you want) would be to keep what you have up front and get a shorter rear coil like an OME 890 or 891.
    i didnt mean to say "match" the lc coils. if i put my lc coils in now the rear is going to be just a tad to high compared to the front. i have the exact same front suspension setup as what sonoran was selling minus the thin white plastic spacer he included in his kit. all i want is that dam spacer. tons of taco and 4runner owners bought that kit from steve and are running them. some people are even running taller suspensions than that and im not interested in that. i just dont see what is so difficult. you tell me im going to be killing cv's yet a month ago steve was selling what i want to run and said this is the best setup bar none wont kill cv's blah blah blah now i get a different story?
    There was some confusion on my part on what lift you wanted it for. I thought you wanted to stack it on a Revtek 3" spacer and you were looking to use it with the Tundra coil. The HDPE spacer will be fine like you want to use it. If you actually read my post you might have figured out yourself where the confusion was.

BTW...nice e-tantrum.
    i was having an e tantrum because i did say in more than one post that i wanted the tiny little white spacer to use on my tundra coils up front. so it wasnt me who wasnt reading posts. it got me mad that steve him self came on here and didnt just tell me what spacer i was looking for or where to get it when he must have known what i was talking about.i explained what i was running and what i was looking for. his post is now deleted as is one of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by MillerPKA
    i thought i was on yotatech for a second. contact doug at toytec lifts he'll set you up with a pair
    http://www.toyteclifts.com/images/product/3-4topspacer.png i already have these sitting around from my old toytec kit. im 99% sure these are thicker than the white ones im looking for. thats why i dont want to run them with tundra coils.

why do you need the spacer, brian? just for looks? because its just gonna make it easier for you to bottom out your shock or it'll stress out your lower balljoints.

not worth it. a little rake looks good, esp if you load the rear down before wheelin'. with what you have now, you can clear bigger tires so you should be worrying about 33's!
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast