Thread: LED Hatch Light

LED Hatch Light

Well I pulled a Paddlenbike and finally got my hatch light in. The LEDs were from the bed of my truck and were reused for this application. The housing is from an S10 Blazer and has a built in switch. With some wiring help it now turns on when the hatch is opened and can be turned off with the switch if need be.
    This first picture the finished product. Exposure time is ~2sec.

Re: LED Hatch Light

If you look at the picture ( ) you can barely make out the factory interior light shining on the back of the seats.

This next picture is with the hatch open and 2 more Cree LED's I have mounted on the rear frame. Exposure time is the same.

Not to post pad but I'm having trouble loading more than one picture. Looks like I might have to host them to make it easier. This picture is of the frame mounted Cree's by themselves. Exhaust is stock. I think the light kind of makes it look like I have a big fart can tip.

looks good! where did you find theses leds from??

I went in on an order with Paddlenbike. They are from Cutter in Australia. Prices have come down because better ones have come out. These are not your run of the mill LEDs though, that's why we had to order them. Check out his write ups for specifics.