Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best free DVD burning software?

Best free DVD burning software?

Anyone have a recommendation? I'm flaming pissed right now after I loaned my DVD copy of Heat to a coworker who returned it scratched up and has no idea how it happened. He said he'd buy me a new one, but that got me thinking that I should make backups.

I'd use my laptop to burn the dvds. will that be a limiting factor?

bob

Re: Best free DVD burning software?

Sorry to hear that Bob.....I always just give people a burnt copy to borrow, never the original for that exact reason. I use Nero for buring DVDs myself. If you are talking about making backups of DVD movies, I use DVDFab Decrypter (to break the security lock) and DVD shrink to get everything onto a single DVD and then burn the image to DVD with Nero at the end.

All this is only for making backups of DVDs you own of course!
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

jamie,

thanks for the advice. wow, you really need to jump through some hoops to make a backup!

bob

dvdfab also makes an all in one product that will do all of those functions it's about 40-50 bucks IIRC
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

I've used DVDxcopy for a number of years. laptop/desktop shouldn't matter.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

I have always used the products from slysoft. Fairly easy to use open the decoder program and burn with the other.
    96 4Runner SR5 B&amp;M trans cooler, H.I.D conversion

bob,

for security reasons i wont tell you how many movies i have.

but i have used DVD decrypter and DVD shrink for quite a while. with real good success.

I would say 1 or 2 out of 15 became coasters.

DVD decrypter unlocks the DVD. and DVD shrink makes it fit on a standard DVD.

when you set them up. one of them installs some drivers from Nero so it can burn the DVD for you, making it unnecessary to buy/get/pirate a burner software.

I used these and had such good luck i never bothered to look for anything else.

The versions i have are
    DVD D- 3.2.2.0
    Shrink- 3.1.7.6

also look here for labels and covers:
    http://www.cdcovers.cc/list/dvd/h/3

use a standard label program. most label packages come with a program.

Just kidding on the number of movies.

thats most of em.
    there is a couple spindles full in the closet and 20 or so needing covers.

I always make copies of mine, people borrow, steal or other wise.
    Now i buy em for work, make copies and take the copies home.

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

I use 2 programs from Slysoft. Anydvd and Clonedvd. Great programs. No coasters.
    Cupholder Mod

jonno,

thanks for that option as well. i'll research it as well

bob

Also free updates with Slysoft.....
    Cupholder Mod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast