Thread: Surge protectors

Surge protectors

Hey guys...I just bought my parents a 40" Sony LCD 1080P TV. I really want to buy a good surge protector for it, since it was quite expensive. I have heard a lot of junk that Monster Cable does is BS. So does anyone have any suggestions as far as which surge protector to buy? I dont want to spend too much on this...maybe 40-50?
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

Re: Surge protectors

Those 1080 HD Sonys look fantastic......I'm holding out for a 50"+ on my next one.

I don't have an answer for you, but I'm interested in the same info.
    Hopefully Reggie will chime in for you on this one.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

You need a power conditioner.

Panamax makes the stuff we use.
    http://www.panamax.com/Products/A-V-.../M4300-PM.aspx

i have the MFP-400. ( its actually the model before but the same thing)

For systems we use at least the M4300.

Thing to remember is not only do surges hurts things but brown outs do to. A surge can trip a circuit breaker. a Brown out will not. A brown out can actually be more damaging to digital parts. It over drives the circuits.

Depending on cost of shipping i might be able to get you what you need cheaper than local pickup.

And yes Monster, you are paying for the name.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

reggie, i definitely dont want to spend 200+ on that.

Anything in the $50 price range? LOL
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

they have simple surge protector line too.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Since UPS's are so cheap now, wouldn't they do the trick also? A soon the voltage goes to low, the battery kicks in plus they have surge protection.

I got this one for my computers, but it also lists audio/video as typical applications.
    http://www.tripplite.com/products/pr...productID=3195

2006 4Runner Sport Edition V8
    2011 4Runner SR5

I've been using APC back-UPS and surge protectors for years, and have had great luck with them. I have had many instances of bad power in my house over the years, anywhere from 78V to 166V on a 120V outlet, for instance, and they have saved everything I've ever had hooked up to them.

http://www.apcc.com