Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The future of the 4Runner (5th Gen)

Re: The future of the 4Runner (5th Gen)

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    I am prepared to be completely disappointed by the 5th gen 4Runner. Let me guess...it will be larger with no diesel engine, no manual transmission, push-button 4WD without locking diff(s), indepedent rear suspension, and even lower than the 4th gens.
    pretty much my biggest fear
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Quote Originally Posted by bamachem
    200 series? Land Cruiser? Do you mean 130 series LC??
    Toyota changed chassis code to 200 series just before releasing the 2008 LC
    Desert Dune Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185W SSR-G l 3.0L TDI<br />&quot;DRIVE YOUR DREAMS&quot;

http://wardsauto.com/ar/toyota_4runner_place_090305/

YOUNTVILLE, CA – Although it has been on the market for seven years and its SUV brethren are on the chopping block, the 4Runner still has life left in it, a top Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. executive says.

“There are plans (for a new 4Runner),” says Bob Carter, Toyota Div. group vice president and general manager.

He declines to provide details on timing, but a Ward’s product-cycle forecast indicates a new 4Runner is due for the ’10 model year.

“(The 4Runner) is an important nameplate that’s been with us since ‘84,” Carter says. “We’re fortunate that just like Prius, it carries a lot of brand equity. (The) 4Runner is right there with it; it’s an important part of the franchise.”

While he acknowledges the “market has definitely shifted toward” CUVs, Carter says Toyota still sees an opportunity to capture buyers who want a rugged, off-road-oriented midsize SUV capable of towing.

In fact, Carter says Toyota could gain market share as a result of moves by some auto makers to swap their midsize SUVs for new CUVs, such as General Motors Corp.’s elimination of its Chevrolet TrailBlazer in favor of the Traverse and Ford Motor Co.’s plans to go unibody with its next-generation Explorer.
    good news for us! now dont go mucking this up toyota!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I ran across this a few weeks ago on another forum. The OP is claiming that one of these two vehicles is the 2010 4Runner, but there seems to be some confusion about it. It could be the new GX and/or Prado as well.

[img width=611 height=800]http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attachment.php?s=fc2e5cd992ac4fdd6cd0e0072a3b5e54& postid=340567[/img]

I think we will see a 4.6 in the next 4Runner. Hopefully a 6spd and elocker as well.

-Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

The top one looks like a GX more, But possibly could be it..

The bottom one, No way..hah

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

The top one could very well be the next 4Runner.
    While it already has the nice 4.7l and now e-locker capable
    it would be nice to see the 6 speed mounted to it, oh and hopefully have a t-case that isn't selectable lo hi AWD....

Yeah, I think the top one looks more like a 4Runner and the bottom one a Prado or GX460. I kinda like the looks of both, especially the bottom one. The top one could use some different headlights and round fog lights, but the grill looks a bit like one found on the current sequoia and Tundra.

Also, some rumors have been going around that Lexus may be discontinuing the GX, and if this is the case, that the new 4Runner may actually just be a rebadged Prado.

Now I'm really curious to see if there is any merit to these sketches.

And if Toyota decides to discontinue the 4Runner but offer us the 70 series Land Cruiser instead, then I won't complain at all.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    And if Toyota decides to discontinue the 4Runner but offer us the 70 series Land Cruiser instead, then I won't complain at all.
    I would rather eat S*** and die then have Toyota discontinue the 4Runner....
    That's just my personal opinion

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    I would rather eat S*** and die then have Toyota discontinue the 4Runner....
    That's just my personal opinion
    you need to tell toyota that
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

I dunno...as nice as the 4Runner is, I'd take a built 70 series over a built 4Runner any day. Solid axle front and rear, manual tranny, diesel....

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast