Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPOT Handheld Satellite Messenger

Re: SPOT Handheld Satellite Messenger

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    not bad at all, maybe when i start doing more true wilderness stuff.

however, im one who always leaves detailed plans of where i will be, etc. and i always try to familiarize myself with ways out of where i am, closest highways, and whatnot.

for me, thats a pretty steep expense right now, for something i dont really need right now.
    Yeah, detail plans are always left here too, But my mom seems to jsut be to lazy to do so.
    So I told her about this and she's like "you really want me to stop bothering you while your out there don't you?"
    I said "YES!"

This would be something on her dime since she's the one always wanting the details...

We would probably end up getting it before I depart on my Trip to SE4RJ or she departs to Europe for the summer....

Re: SPOT Handheld Satellite Messenger

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    not bad at all, maybe when i start doing more true wilderness stuff.

however, im one who always leaves detailed plans of where i will be, etc. and i always try to familiarize myself with ways out of where i am, closest highways, and whatnot.

for me, thats a pretty steep expense right now, for something i dont really need right now.
    Yes Sean, before wife and kids that would have worked for me also. As it is, even the local trails here don't have cell service until I am almost home. It is easy to end up taking longer than expected, this way I could let my wife know I am "ok" and am just running late. Otherwise, if we were running late doing a repair or something, I may have to waste time driving till I hit cell service to let her know "all is well, don't send the cavalry Honestly I am more excited about this as a "peace of mind" type of thing for my family and the added bonus that it could save your life in an emergency. If it lets me do more trips, $13 a month isn't bad at all.
    My signature

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12