Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How often do you use your winch?

Re: How often do you use your winch?

i used mine everytime i go out and play

or helping others

Hey TRACKER, I swear thats Hollister Hills.

i got to use mine about 4 times on sunday, not on myself, but others, it just depends how much it gets used... when needed, Im soo glad I have it..
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    Rule 1.5x, 2 blocks for 2-way blocking, 160' spool, 4 straps, 2 clevis, a good eyelet on your bumber around center of winch ( for blocking ).
    Hey TRACKER, I swear thats Hollister Hills.
    yes it is .. we are going back there the weekend of 28th

I thought it looked familiar. I don't live too far away. I have spent alot of time there, testing some of my creations, in the mini-con, white rocks and the Trap. Never needed a winch though. Maybe I am not trying hard enough.

I dont think the question is how OFTEN do you use your winch, but instead how IMPORTANT was your winch when you had to use it?
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

I thought it looked familiar. I don't live too far away. I have spent alot of time there, testing some of my creations, in the mini-con, white rocks and the Trap. Never needed a winch though. Maybe I am not trying hard enough.
    where 's the white rocks? i only been there twice . sorry to high jack ...

carry on

i used mine last weekend but only to pull my gas tank skid back into place after a good high centering.... the time i thought it was most important was when i had a chance of going over backwards on a hillclimb that i got way out of shape on.... it sure was nice having someone else being able to grab the cable and pull me back down rather quickly... that one would have probably destroyed my rig so to me that time it was priceless
    85 4 runner that's just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

Since we have winch thread going . . . it seems like most people go with Warn, is there any advantage over similar rated Milemarker? Is it reliability, speed, or just brand loyalty?
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Wow almost forgot about this thread....

My most recent winching experience was out in Johnson's Valley after getting high centered when I changed directions going up a steep slot. After several attempts to get free, my 4Runner ended up sideways close to rolling back down the slot. Sitting at 35 degrees I decided it was time to use my winch and get free before I did something really stupid.....

Here's the video of the action......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuQpGQQ3CHo
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast