Thread: FJ Cruiser rim questions

FJ Cruiser rim questions

Hey guys. New to this forum, and this is my first post. I got rid of a 2005 Dodge 2500 diesel, and am driving our 1999 Toyota 4-Runner SR5. I need to get new rims for the Runner, and I found some on a TRD parts website that are for the FJ Cruiser. I think that any rims that will fit the new FJ's will also fit my vehicle, but I am just not sure. If there is anything that you can offer to give me some more information on this subject I would greatly appreciate it. I am looking at either getting these new TRD rims that I found or finding some of the black ones off of an FJ (the black ones that are an option from the factory), or I might try and just find some silver FJ rims, and have them powder coated black. I just really like the look of the black rims on a black vehicle. Many more upgrades are planned for this vehicle now that it is mine, so I will be asking many more questions in the future. Thanks for the help in advance, and I hope that you all have a good weekend.

Kevin Merritt
    APPSTATE

1999 4Runner SR5  2wd 3.4 V6  Toytec 3" basic lift, Rancho shocks, Tire Kingdom V Line black rims, 285 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Yakima rack, cheap WalMart CD player, and hopefully much more to come...

Re: FJ Cruiser rim questions

Welcome Kevin

I just put FJ rims on my 98, thanks Matt. check out the pics
    - Dan<br />&nbsp; 1998 4runner SR5

some guy named vermejo on here has the dark trd versions, they're pretty nice....search his name

i just got back from app state an hour ago, went snowboarding up there for the weekend and hung out at the bars last night, nice campus!
    <br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

Quote Originally Posted by MillerPKA
    some guy named vermejo on here has the dark trd versions, they're pretty nice....search his name
    He also said new wheels were on his list of things to do.. according to him, the wheels are too flush with the sidewalls of the tires and get rock rash very easily. Too bad, since I think those are beautiful wheels, especially on his rig.