It's time to collect some money for some Care Packages to give back to the troops that put their life on the line every day to ensure our safety and freedom.

Let's show them how much we appreciate them and send them just a little bit of home, even though they're a half-a-world away.

This time, one package will be going to Afghanistan to be distributed to a fine group of Marines stationed there and another will go to a group of National Guardsmen currently serving a tour in Iraq. I will be pooling money from here and from http://www.aldeer.com to pay for the packages.

If you can, please donate a few bucks to show them that they are not forgotten. I will be collecting money until March 15th and then I'll go shopping for the necessities like twinkies, beef jerky, snacks, and a few recreational/sports items for them to fill their time with.

You can pay via electronic bank transfer or credit card thru Paypal to my email address: bamachem@yahoo.com - You don't have to be a paypal member to use their services.

Also, you can mail a check to me if you want - PM me for my address.

I will update a running total and list all the names of those who donate so that you can keep track of when I receive your contribution. Individual amounts will not be listed for privacy.

After shopping, I will post pics here of all the goodies before shipping them off. We have done this a few other times, and they have all been a huge success.

FYI: For a 20-gallon plastic rubbermaid tote like the one in the pic above (they reuse them for storage bins to keep the sand/dust out of their stuff after the food is gone) full of stuff, it usually takes about $90-100 and then another $20-30 or so to ship them = $120 per tote.

Thanks!!!