Thread: Twin Stick Differences, Marlin vs FROR

Twin Stick Differences, Marlin vs FROR

I need some advice in a hurry as my transfer case is coming out here within a couple weeks.

For those running a twin stick set up, what do you like/dislike about the two?

Cost is a wash, and both companies are great, so really, its all about use-ability and leaking.

Marlin's looks like a better design from the leaking standpoint, as they use a nice one piece, one gasket set up, and it looks really clean. FROR has a two piece set up, and looks more prone to leaking.

I've heard issues of binding, but it seems to be more of a TCase thing, than the shifter itself.

Also, the sticks look a little better in the marlin than the FROR, but that could just be the pictures.

Anyway, advice is appreciated, looking to get this in a day or two.

Thanks.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Re: Twin Stick Differences, Marlin vs FROR

dunno if i can help, but i had some early sticking issues with the low shifter which now works real good, then later on the 2wd to 4wd shifter wouldnt shift back into 2wd without me having to jam it in, now it works fine and i can just shift from stop without having to roll it a little to unbind the case, syncromesh seems to be fine still as the hi shifter hasnt busted out since day 4 of the install into neutral.
    i have the FROR, i do need some sound deadening crap though as the case is quite noisey.

as far as leakage, i havent seen any.

let me know if you wanna come up here and just mess with it to get a feel for it
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

I don't have one yet but I have been looking around at various Twin Stick options.
    One more possibility would be the sky system, if you havent already looked at it.
    http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Yeah, I saw the sky kit, but don't like the shift levers. They look really dumb to me.

Thanks Blake, thats good to know. I'm leaning towards the Marlin.

Yea, no doubt they are pretty goofy looking.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Went with the Marlin, ordered it up today.

Sweet. Post up some pics when you get it and tell us what you think