Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: toytec body lift problems

toytec body lift problems

everyone here seems to be running 4crawler body lifts. i had to be different since i ordered a bunch of stuff and had no problems with toytec and get there 1" kit for a 3rd gen 4runner. i installed the kit on saturday and the bolts they gave were a hair to long. i tried them in every hole to make sure and then had to reuse a few stock bolts. then when i was going on its first ride the steering was extremely tight, long story short i need a steering spacer. toytec said nothing about such a spacer being required and does not offer 1. searching around looks like only 4crawler makes them but he is usually a month behind which i cant wait that long. i could make 1 at my dads machine shop but if i can buy one somewhere else id like to know. anyone else have this problem? anyone know where i could buy a .5" spacer for the steering besides 4crawler?
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Re: toytec body lift problems

Loosen the bolt on the steering shaft and pull it out some, if I recall there's enough splines that a 1" lift didn't need the spacer, but I would still recommend putting one in.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

i just called toytec and told them of my problems. no surprise to me they say they havent had any problems with these kits yet. i dont see how they didnt have any problems. instead of telling me when i ordered the kit they now told me to either loosen the bolt and slide the shaft out to make up the difference, or to buy a new steering column which i told him i was most certainly not doing and never even heard of someone doing. im going to see if there is enough length to the splines to move it down the .5" i need tonight. all in all i am extremely dissapointed in toytec with this kit and them having no clue about these problems.

Let this be a lesson folks, for 3rd gen 4Runner body lifts...stick with 4Crawler and be done with it.

Bummer about your issue, 2005. Good luck.

well i always liked 4crawlers kit, but he always seems to be a month behind schedule so figured id get the toytec kit. and it obviously does not work.

should just be able to pull the shaft down a bit, we had to push it in when i installed 2" spacer on my friends 4runner and it made it tight as well.

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

did indeed, all you have to do is loosen the clamp and lock your tires from side to side then tighten back up and you should be done with
    <br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

do what bruce said as he's right on the money. anytime you deal with body lifts you'll want to loosen the steering shaft sleeve regardless of how much lift you add. that should be in the instruction manual.

good luck
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

There probably is enough on the shaft to cover a 1" BL but why would TOYTEC skimp on such a simple part?

If that step is not in the instructions, I would have to agree that this is not very impressive.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

just make it customer feedback, explain that they need to include this as well as a rad bracket too.

and they will include it later, and then business will be up for them on this sector.

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast