Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assistance Request: 1st gen Runner, and a Tape Measure - Inquire Within.

Assistance Request: 1st gen Runner, and a Tape Measure - Inquire Within.

Okay guys,

What I need it someone who is near thier 1st gen runner, and a tape measure, I only need a couple of very simple measurements from the front end...

I need to know the height from the top of the bumper to the hood (this means the top surface of the hood, not the bottom lip) So basically straight up from the bumper to just barely clearing the front of the hood... Thanks guys, I appreciate it...

Okay, so I only needed one... Help me out fella's Thanks!!

-Chris
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Re: Assistance Request: 1st gen Runner, and a Tape Measure - Inquire Within.

Love to help you, our bodies are the same, but I havn't had a stock bumper in eight or nine years. Gimme something else to measure from. Good Luck!

How about bottom of the grill, to just taller than the hood?

I am just trying to figure length for a custom stinger on a bumper I am ordering today... Thanks!!
    -Chris
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.

Gimme a few, I need to put shoes on. Where is your truck Rocko ?

Ok, I have 2" body lift to clear my motor, buy my grill to hood relationship is the same. 12" from bottom of grill to where the hood starts to flatten beyond the rolled edge. I have 24" from the crossmember (with the holes in it) to the same point. There is about 2.5" of roll (from lip to flat of hood). I think 12" is the # your looking for. A nice even #.

Thanks a ton. I DD my '04 Tacoma. So I dont have the '84 here at work.
    -Chris

No problem, anything you need, gimme a buzz.

Have a square, or anyway to measure angles handy? lol.... there is one more thing you could do for me...
    -Chris

I am sure I have something in my shop. What's up ?

This one is a toughy... lol. If you come 8 inches out from the bottom of the grill....
    Make this point 1....
    110* from point 1 is the angle of the stinger (if you turn the square around, obviousy its 70* outward, if thats easier to measure)

I need to know the distance between point 1, through that angle is point 2, and point 2 is that level of the hood..

basically, its how long does the stigner need to be, at that angle to come even with the top of the hood. (Just remember the stinger starts 8.5" out from the bottom of the grill)

If its to hard, dont worry about. lol. I think I just about have it figured out on paper.
    -Chris

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast