Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Assistance Request: 1st gen Runner, and a Tape Measure - Inquire Within.

Re: Assistance Request: 1st gen Runner, and a Tape Measure - Inquire Within.

I will get the digital level and a straight edge and find the distance from where the hood starts to level and the point where 70* @ 8.5" intersects that point. Right ? I am watching my daughter till the wife wakes up so gimme a little time.

take all day if you need it.

and yes that sounds right, a line through 70* (outward) that originates 8.5" from the grill, how far does it have to go along that axis before it clears the hood?

Thanks again, if Im ever out your way, I owe you dinner.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

I'll get it. Check back in an hour or so. It will be a rough measurement. I think it will get you where you are going.

Using a smartlevel I clamped a straightedge to a square at 8.5" on 70* , I held it level the bottom of the gill while attempting to keep it level with the earth I measured from where the rolled edge starts to flatten to the straight edge. It was 16.5" +/- .5" and +/- 1*. It would be about 13" or so from the leading edge of the hood.

You are the man! Thanks, I owe you dinner!
    -Chris
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.

You don't owe me anything. Just happy to help. If you do make it out to the left coast, we'll go wheelin.

thats a deal!

Thanks a ton! now i can get the bumper ordered, with the custom stinger, and go from there, hoozah!
    -Chris

Post some pics when you get it on your truck.

Take a look and tell me what you think looks right, from the bottom of the grill, go straight up, with a vertical raise of somewhere between 15-18" I think. I would like clear the level of the hood about 6" back from the leading edge. take a look if you have some free time and are bored, and let me know what you think would clear that level of the hood, but not be INCREDIBLY tall...

I am thinking around 17 or 18" but Im not in front of the truck...
    -Chris

Never bored when it comes to the original runner. I am out working on mine and checking my sites (waiting on some help from a different one). 18" vertical from the grill puts you level at the bottom of your front window. This is a good height for ME. I don't want to be the one who designed your front bumper (insert disclaimer here). You could wait till you got home and mock it up. If I had the setup your buying then I would go to 18" or 19" vertical at 70* out. I am also a fabricator, and I tend to cut it and modify, rather then add and modify. My truck is built so nothing stock would probably fit and would have to be modified. You can always get it long and see if they sell an uncoated one for cheaper, then modify and coat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast