Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bear in May

Big Bear in May

I'd like to organize a Big Bear trip for the first weekend in May if anyone's interested. There's plenty of time to plan this one out with everyone's work schedule so let's get a good turn-out. The weather should be perfect this time of year. I know we all go up there in August but figured we could do a late spring run too. We can figure out the camping spot later - definately not the same one as last August. Are we in?

[color=red]The weekend in Big Bear will be in May 2-4. The coordinates for the campsite are 34 17'59.94"N 116 52'25.84"W. There will be two runs on Saturday - Gold Mountain before lunch which will leave the campsite at 8:30 am sharp, then we'll head back to camp for lunch. After lunch those that want to run John Bull can roll that one and for those looking for an easy/medium run Jacoby Cyn should work just fine.

CB Channel 10

Sunday will be up to the individual parties in regards to going on a trail ride. I'm leaving for OB first thing - the south swell will be calling my name.

I can put together an easy/moderate run if necessary but will need someone to be trail leader. This is, of course, if we get enough folks that want to run it.

Saturday night's meal will be a pot-luck. We'll get the menu together later but the theme will be hamburgers and hotdogs.

Although there will be no safety inspection it's understood that all vehicles should carry not only recovery gear but a fire extinguisher and the necessary tools in case of breakage.

[color=yellow]Direction from SD:

Interstate 15 North
    At the I-15 / I-215 split take I-215 towards Riverside / San Bernardino for @ 41 miles
    Take the I-10 East towards Redlands for @ 5.5 miles
    Merge onto CA-30 W toward CA-330/ HIGHLAND for 4.6 miles
    Merge onto CA-330 N toward MTN RESORTS for 15.5 miles
    CA-330 N becomes CA-18/ RIM OF THE WORLD HWY; stay on this for 12.4 miles
    At the 18 / 38 Split take the 38 which will be the left fork (at this point you'll be at the western edge of Big Bear Lake)
    Take the 38 for @ 9.25 miles until Van Dusen Cyn Road (34 15'56.88"N 116 51'17.58"W)
    You'll be on Van Dusen Cyn Road for @ 4 miles until you reach Holcomb Valley Road.
    It's 1.3 mi east of the intersection of Van Dusen (3N09) and Holcomb Valley Road (3N16). [color]

List of Attendees

freejake3 hamburgers/hotdogs
    wifeknowshesahomo (+2) hotdogs/hamburgers
    seanzorz potato salad
    randver(+2) chips/dip
    Tankota (+1) condiments
    MarcP (+2) his buns
    Scooter (+1) dessert

The "maybe" list

Blacksheep
    Smiling Jim
    RobTk
    &#039;95 Runner with some goods<br />&#039;99 Taco with some more goods<br /><br />Surf to Live / Live to Surf

Re: Big Bear in May

I've never wheeled in Big Bear before but have always wanted too. Its gonna be really beautiful up there come spring. What kind of trails do you usually run.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

give me a date and some gps coords and im there! if its early may i should be able to swing a weekend up there.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I want to go, but the only weekends I may be able to make it would be the weekend of the 10th or the 31st.
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Sounds like fun! Beginning of May works good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JnJ
    Sounds like fun! Beginning of May works good for me.
    Jen, I think you get to wheel more than anyone else on here. I'm jealous I would love to make it down to BB, I had a blast last time I was there. I don't think I will get to make this one though, I'll play it by ear.
    My signature

Hehe and I don't think I get to wheel enough!

if i can make it all depends on which weekend we do it
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Sounds good to me. I'm game for whenever. I have been wanting to go back to BB, its been a while. Any idea on trails?
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

we must do dishpan springs this time, missed that one last time.

id like to try john bull and holcomb creek with a locker and armor this time.

there are lots of trails up there, really depends on what reopens come spring time. the fires damaged much of the mountain.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast