Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bear in May

Re: Big Bear in May

The weekend of the 3rd would be the weekend. I have my boys final soccer game on the 10th and am actually bailing on his game for this weekend. Anything after that would not work for me. Try and switch your schedule Marc. I'll update the first post as we get stuff figured out.

Trails - I gave my truck quite the workout on John Bull last time out but want another shot at it so I'd like to fit that into the weekend somewhere. Gold Mtn is always fun. I haven't done White Mtn in a while so that's possible too. I'm up for anything and if we get enough people we can always split into easy / hard runs if need be.

I'll look into the camping sit. and post up when I get it figured out. We'll need to reserve when necessary so plan on that. This way you're locked in for sure.

I got this posted on Adventure 4x4 as well.
    &#039;95 Runner with some goods<br />&#039;99 Taco with some more goods<br /><br />Surf to Live / Live to Surf

so far it looks like me and the family will be able to make it
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

I would like to run Dishpan to Holcomb. West to East. I have run Dishpan from West to East before, i would like to run it in the other direction. Of course, John Bull is always good. Gold Mountain is alright, nothing special though.
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

I would definitely like to do Holcomb and John Bull. I haven't tried those yet. Dishpan would be awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by xonetruthcrewx
    I would like to run Dishpan to Holcomb. West to East. I have run Dishpan from West to East before, i would like to run it in the other direction. Of course, John Bull is always good. Gold Mountain is alright, nothing special though.
    That sounds like a plan. I haven't run that one before. Would a posi work OK for that trail or do you need a locker.

I contacted the BB Discovery Center today and not until the snows melt and they can better asses the fire damage will they know what trails/campgrounds are open. As of right now Hanna Flats is closed until 2009 from fire damage. Holcomb Valley is currently open so that might be our best bet. I'll keep things updated as we move closer to May.
    &#039;95 Runner with some goods<br />&#039;99 Taco with some more goods<br /><br />Surf to Live / Live to Surf

i tink i can make it... just no more drunk marines stealing our food!!!
    85 4 runner that&#39;s just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

Quote Originally Posted by wifesaysimadumbass
    i tink i can make it... just no more drunk marines stealing our food!!!
    Word!

Well hell, if Mikey's going I cant miss it

Actually I really do want to make this one, all the wheeling I've ever done has been desert of some sort. The mountains gotta be pretty cool too.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Trees are good - although not quite sure how much was lost in the Butler Fire 2007. I'm pretty sure that everything west of Hanna Flat got hammered.

You can probably count me in, though I might stick to the "easy" trails because I'll be moving to Oregon shortly after that.
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast