Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cyclists - gearing up for the new season? Post your bike pr0n

Re: Cyclists - gearing up for the new season? Post your bike pr0n

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    Thanks! Those pics were taken the day I bought it, thus the dirt-free appearance. It does get ridden a lot, but I still haven't had it out to Sedona, Arizona yet, my favorite riding spot.

Oh, how I would love to be there right now!
    I wanna go

Finished the build up on my bike, nothing impressive. But if you haven't seen or heard, Gunter Mai has biult a 7.04lbs road bike he says he rides 1k kilos a week! Now THAT'S awesome!!

Some day....some day......the wheel set is a $15k set!!! You can see his and some other light rides here:

Link
    09 FJ 6spd manual<br />01 Tonka-oma TRD <br />Audi RS2 CQ clone<br />98 Audi A4 turbo quattro avant

I can't believe you ultimateyota'ers ride those skinny-tire'd things...geesh, you probably shave your legs too. :P Here's my other offroad machine:

It features Fox shocks and a factory rear locking differential.
    Wow, nice ride.
    Santa can I have one of those please? Oh wait, wrong season.

Bet it cost more than my truck when I first bought it, no joke!
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Since you guys gave me so much crap for posting clean bike pics, I had to go out and do a ride today. Here are the pics:

Crossing a one-lane bridge.

My buddy just finished building his new Santa Cruz Nomad:

and a random shot of the river:

man that looks sweet... i wish we had trails like that here

Thats a really beautiful area, where is it?
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by Tankota
    Thats a really beautiful area, where is it?
    We rode the Missouri Bar trail, which parallels the Yuba River near Nevada City, California. The trail is a blast and the scenery is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Re: MBT..Nice, we almost went up this weekend.

Real Men don't need gears for Yuba/DV!!
    We were talking about single-speeding Yuba--I would certainly want a little lower gear than normal because some of those climbs are REALLY steep. I know my buddy was having some trouble on his SC Nomad because of the short wheelbase and high front-end. That's hardcore man!

Since you guys gave me so much crap for posting clean bike pics, I had to go out and do a ride today. Here are the pics:
    I used to think that we were spoiled down here in Orange County, but man, you guys have us beat hands down.

After hunting for a year, paying my other bills and saving some, I finally got a bike.

At the advice of the preferred shop in town, my lady friend and my wallet, I ended up with a Gary Fisher X-Caliber.

Really interesting to spend time on a bike again. Last time I rode much was 10 years an almost 100 pounds ago!

Pics later I suppose. It is a 29er, some say huge, I say Adrian size.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast