Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tire Comparison, between aggressive ATs.

Re: Tire Comparison, between aggressive ATs.

I am currently running the 285/75/16 ProComp AT's. Have about 5000 miles on them, and can hardly tell they are wearing. Can't say anything about the extreme AT's, but I really like the handling on and off road and in the rain and snow of the AT's.
    1997 4Runner SR5 4WD / 4&quot; deck plate mod-REMOVED / 01 Tundra Wheels / Cup Holder mod / 285/75/16 Pro Comp AT / SS SYSTEM 1.1 / <br />01 Overhead Console mod

oh just so ya know, I got 50K out of my first set of Firestones, and still had some life left, not much, but some, lol so ATs should get plenty more life.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

MT/R's are my favorite aggressive All Terrain tire.

TSL's do better in mud, Krawlers on rocks.

Ran the Xtreme AT's on a shop truck, super hard tire, not so great in Moab.

I really like the Nitto AT for a driver.

With two lockers, I have never really seen the tire alone stop someone on an obstacle. I have seen some tires really hook up and help, but at that point there were other concerns.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    MT/R's are my favorite aggressive All Terrain tire.

TSL's do better in mud, Krawlers on rocks.

Ran the Xtreme AT's on a shop truck, super hard tire, not so great in Moab.

I really like the Nitto AT for a driver.

With two lockers, I have never really seen the tire alone stop someone on an obstacle. I have seen some tires really hook up and help, but at that point there were other concerns.
    ive been thinking about nittos, plus they are cheaper and i hear they do really great in the rain and ice.. im on a trip now and my firestones have a couple of lugs chunked off, so its not helping mileage any at all, plus it sounds like a airplane with effed up blade.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12