Got my E-Locker in today

I prepped for awhile before the actual install.
made a tap and drill jig so everything is done on a 90* angle

made an actuator guard

Made a "cut-out" template

and finally got my 4.88 gears set up by a semi-local Toyota tech Mark / 86 Toy (on TTORA) - price was right and I like the pattern, professional all the way. Here's the drive side (coast and pinion also dead on, only .001" variance on ring gear backlash measures at 4 spots)

I'm not going into detail as this has been done many times before - except I did mine without removing the axle (because I'm a masochist like that)

forgot to get the MIG from my roomie before he left, so flux core to the rescue

here's the tap jig in action - I used a cutting wheel for the piece that needs to be cut out, less sparks that way

the hardest part of the install was drilling the holes, but got everything together in a reasonable amount of time. I'll wire it at some point in the near future

I just pushed all my mess into the garage for tonight, I'll clean it up tomorrow.

I took the 'runner for a gentle 15 minute drive around town to start the gear break-in process, plenty of gentle accel and long downhill coasting. I'll repeat a few more times this weekend and probably change the diff fluid in 100 miles (cheap gear oil) and again at 500 (synthetic) just to be on the safe side