Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 35s going on

35s going on

just picked up a set of 315 mt/r's. they will hopefully be going on this week, but may be next week until i can get to them. i was at discount tire today and took a 315 bfg a/t from the shelf and set it on my rim to get a feel of what i was in for. even with the oem 16x7 and stock backspacing, they fit great with room to spare...in the rear (makes me think i could run 37x1250s in the back with no modification ) in the front, the a arms are my biggest problems. i will be getting some 1" adapters, but could suffice with 1/2" spacers. anyways, here's a pic until i can get it all done, i'll update once everything's done.

[img width=800 height=600]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/wtfniga/0308081538.jpg[/img]
    <br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

Re: 35s going on

nice that A/T looks sick on the 5 star. your txt msg pic was hard to see
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

You'll have to trim a little for the rear. I can't imagine those things stuffing all the way w/o it hitting the side panels of the bumper... Well, thats what mine does.
    1996 4x4 4Runner<br /><br />Suspension: 6&quot; Trailmaster/Fabtech Knuckles/Sonoran Steel shocks/coils. Rear LC coils/shocks<br />Offroad: 315/75/16 MTR&#39;s, ARB, M8000, E-locker, sliders, MV-50 compressor, CBI tire carrier, Cobra CB, Kragen HID&#39;s.

Here... I had to cut 1.5" or so from the side bumper panels.

1996 4x4 4Runner<br /><br />Suspension: 6&quot; Trailmaster/Fabtech Knuckles/Sonoran Steel shocks/coils. Rear LC coils/shocks<br />Offroad: 315/75/16 MTR&#39;s, ARB, M8000, E-locker, sliders, MV-50 compressor, CBI tire carrier, Cobra CB, Kragen HID&#39;s.

its not about what will fit, its about what will work. as sd4runner said, stuffing is an issue.... not sure if youre planning on actually wheeling w them though.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

sawwwwzalll Lee, its the answer to everything. actually id rather use a jig.

he'll fit em, ill be down there sometime this week during my little expeditino around the country (aka chicago, new york city (maybe), VA, SC, GA, florida, texas, LSU booty call (woops).

so ill test flex them

like i said, its not about what will fit (you can fit 40's with a sawzall ) but its about whether your wheeling requires it and whether your truck can flex those tires.

no offense or anything but it doesnt appear his truck gets wheeled all that hard considering that stock tinfoil rear bumper is looking good.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

no offense taken, 17 hours of school with 20 hours of work isn't leaving me anytime to venture, there sure is hell isn't anything to go for within 2 hours of here. these are going to be road queens for a while, if i planned on wheeling asap i would hold off until the regear happens with the f&r lockers. one step at a time!!!! but yeah, for now this one's strictly for looks
    <br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    like i said, its not about what will fit (you can fit 40's with a sawzall ) but its about whether your wheeling requires it and whether your truck can flex those tires.

no offense or anything but it doesnt appear his truck gets wheeled all that hard considering that stock tinfoil rear bumper is looking good.
    sawzall helps 35s fit.

tubbing the rear and front wells helps 40s even clear, different story.

he knows what he wants

the only reason id ever run those tires on stock gears would be if i needed them bc i wheeled all the time but didnt have gear money, thats all im saying

i dont see much point in 35's on a non wheeling rig, i know he knows what he wants, but its ok for me to share what i think too.. it's a message board
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast