Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 35s going on

Re: 35s going on

Quote Originally Posted by MillerPKA
    no offense taken, 17 hours of school with 20 hours of work isn't leaving me anytime to venture, there sure is hell isn't anything to go for within 2 hours of here. these are going to be road queens for a while, if i planned on wheeling asap i would hold off until the regear happens with the f&r lockers. one step at a time!!!! but yeah, for now this one's strictly for looks
    gotcha

do you drive much? is this worth the hit in gas? id just buy some decent 33's, run em for a while till you save up money for gears and lockers, then sell the 33's and put that $ into 35's and gears/lockers
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

he had decent 33's lookin at his pic. if he's anything like me he's spendin the money now because he wants them and well eventually get everything else he need to run the properly but if he doesn't get them now he'll spend the money on something else and never end up getting what he wants... just a thought...
    96 4Runner, 4in OME/LC lift (883&#039;s w/ top plate spacer, Land Cruiser&#039;s 8 coil) 2in Body Lift 315/75/16&#039;s. rear e-locker&nbsp; <br />I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE JEEP THING THATS WHY I HAVE A TOYOTA!!

Putting wants and needs aside, I am really sorry you guys are doing bodywork with a Sawzall.

There are a bunch of people who run 35's and fill the rear wheelwells out completely. Any bigger and you are doing more than a little trimming.

After DDing a rock crawler for 2 years, I have a pedal bike and will no longer do things to trucks that negatively impact road drivability when that is how they are used.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

315 MT/R's look badass on a black 3rd gen. 1/2" spacers wont be enough to clear the front. go with at least an inch. if its your DD/hwy cruiser...you'll probably want to rethink not regearing though, esp if youre on stock 410's and auto (im assuming). it wasnt long before i regeared when i put my 315's on..and that was with 4.30's before. 'till you regear..the novelty will wear off. put an aux tranny cooler on though.

but cant blame ya for wanting something meat though...run whatcha like..it does look good.

had i known before what i know now, i would have run 2 sets of tread on my runner...since it does see alot of road use as well as alot of heavy trail use. i'll definitely be running 2 sets on the cruiser though...

sonny<br />1998 4Runner LTD...d0uble locked on 35&#039;s<br />crawlinbc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Putting wants and needs aside, I am really sorry you guys are doing bodywork with a Sawzall.

There are a bunch of people who run 35's and fill the rear wheelwells out completely. Any bigger and you are doing more than a little trimming.

After DDing a rock crawler for 2 years, I have a pedal bike and will no longer do things to trucks that negatively impact road drivability when that is how they are used.
    well put
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

i plan on having a dd in the next year or so, i'm not too worried about the city driving...i almost feel like its worth it to pay and for the tires, i snagged them off of craigslist for 300 bucks, 80% tread, evenly worn, no plugs/patches....it was just too good of a deal to bypass, and i have a definite buyer for my a/t's for 500 bucks and its local, too many things added up haha
    <br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

last test fitment today, tires will be on friday morning. thought i'd show a couple pictures, fitment is fine with about 3" of clearance from the bumpstop/inner well. i'll get her shined up and post up friday afternoon.

<br /><br />
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

Surprise! Ended up getting them on today but I've been at work since i finished. Install was a breeze everything worked like a charm. I took a couple pictures here and there but the nice ones will come later when i do my shoot for toytec and such. enjoy!

Last shot of the 285s

1.25" adapters installed

Test drop

All finished up!

New stance

Rear stuff test
    <br /><br />

they look awesome man, they dont even look like 35s hahah
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Hell yeah!! Looking Good!
    I'm trying to get a dyno day/photoshoot together next weekend... Would love to get some shots of your truck if you want!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast