Thread: Broken Deavers...again

Broken Deavers...again

Well... just broke my Deavers today....

Went out on a small test run today to test some small items. I got the rear wheel stuffed, when I heard a snap! I broke the top leaf of my Deaver 11 Pack.

I am pissed, I have two trips on them since they were re-built by Deaver when I had the spring clip issue. When they did that I had them add another leaf, and re-arch the springs... as the 10 pack was sitting pretty flat.

SO, my question is this, by having the springs re-arched could that cause the springs to be weaker from the re-arching them?

Wil Kuhns<br />Sierra Expeditions <br /><br />The only regrets in life are the risks you didn&#039;t take.<br /><br />Mod Progress Gauge: [|||||||||-] = 90% Complete as of 03 FEB 2008. My Taco&#039;s Garage

Re: Broken Deavers...again

That sucks. Do you know how they re-arched the springs? Cold press or did they heat it up? I've heard of people having troubles with re-arched springs using a cold-press.
    Land Cruiser

Re: Broken Deavers...again

Quote Originally Posted by p nut
    That sucks. Do you know how they re-arched the springs? Cold press or did they heat it up? I've heard of people having troubles with re-arched springs using a cold-press.
    No clue but they are sending me two new top springs.
    Wil Kuhns<br />Sierra Expeditions <br /><br />The only regrets in life are the risks you didn&#039;t take.<br /><br />Mod Progress Gauge: [|||||||||-] = 90% Complete as of 03 FEB 2008. My Taco&#039;s Garage