Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well guys..........

Well guys..........

I sold the 4Runner. Took a deposit on it today and the dude is flying down from Seattle on Friday. We will take care of everything and he is driving it home. It will definitely be missed, tons of good times wheeling. The housing market is taking a huge drop here in Cali. and i just need to eliminate my debt to put myself in a better spot to buy a house. It suck, but its what needs to be done. Hopefully my Gixxer sells soon too. I will still be around, not like i have anything better to do. Ha! I will probably even go wheeling still. I will just be a co-pilot/photographer now. Right On.
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

Re: Well guys..........

Wow. Well, congrats on the sale. We still have 2 trucks so you're always welcome to use one of ours.

Thats a hell of an offer Jenn. Thanks. I will be seeing you around though. I will go out with Gabe from time to time.

sorry to hear man. gotta do what you gotta do.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

yeah i hear ya on the economy, hopefully things will turn and you will have a rig again
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

It's not too late, sell the VW!
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

Quote Originally Posted by RobG
    It's not too late, sell the VW!
    Trust me, if we could eliminate that debt also, we would. When we bought it we were doing real good as far as what we owed on it. Then they dropped the 3.2 V6 and replaced it with a 3.6 V6. Then the face lifted Touareg 2 came out. Those two thing made our depreciated tons overnight and now im upside down a bit. So it stays. It really is a good vehicle though.

As far as the economy, whats happening is good for me. The price of housing is taking a huge drop. So i will be able to buy a house in the near future and get a really good deal. No more wasting money renting. Actually make an investment for once.

I will eventually buy another rig. It will be done slightly different next time though. I came to the realization a little while back that i enjoy hauling ass through the desert more than rock crawling. It will probably be a double cab tacoma with full long travel. It will be 4wd though some some rock crawling can still be done. We'll see. Only time will tell.

colin,

hate to see it go, but you got your priorities straight. your day will come again, as im sure you have already planned in your head. hopefully you'll still stick around

bob

Colin, I hate to hear about someone selling their truck, but I am very pleased to hear this might let you buy a house in a depressed market out west. The housing market has been tanking like crazy where speculators once roamed free so if you have cash, deals are definately to be had both now and in the future. I hope you get the house you've been looking for and then get back into the Toyota truck scene as funds allow. Best of luck on the house hunt.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

The housing market here in California is only going to get worse too. The subprime mortgage melt down is what caused the slump--there are two and a half times the number of subprimes mortgages set to readjust in 2008 and early 2009. Getting your ducks in a row now will pay off for you later!

I'm sure my realtor is really tired of how long I've been waiting, but by not buying in the past six months I have saved around $50,000 to $60,000 in my area. In an outlying area I could buy the same house today for $100,000 less than six months ago. Hopefully my realtor will be patient with me just a little bit longer!

Hope to still see you around,
    Ken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast