Thread: JL Audio Sub Enclosure in Double Cab

JL Audio Sub Enclosure in Double Cab

Not sure if this would be better in the electronics, but I am here and I can move it if I need to, sorry.

Anyone have experience with the JL product that puts a sub in the center console? I am used to ghetto bass in the Rock Truck, the chance for sound quality in a quiet cab is awesome. As such, a 10" sub in this enclosure without sacrificing cab space would be excellent.

Other options for reasonably stealth installs with subs?

Thanks.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Re: JL Audio Sub Enclosure in Double Cab

cheese,

i had a Qlogic sub enclosure which i sold to seanorz. the problem i had with it was plastic vibration. i ended up buying some foam tape and applying to the inner sub enclosure to buffer and minimize the vibration of the plastic on plastic. Also, i stuffed it with polyfill to give it a better bass sound. i sold it not b/c it didnt sound good, but b/c i actually find that rear cargo area useful

I have heard mention of the vibe problem, some say easily resolvable with Dynamat or similar.

I am somewhat interested to see one of these in person as it appears to replace the base of the center console without messing with anything else.

Thanks.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

as long as there is no plastic-to-plastic vibration, you'll be ok. but the difference between even a small 10" woofer in a MDF housing vs a plastic one is noticeable.

Clarify that for me?

Difference in SQ?

I have a 12 in the Rock Truck now, in a 1 cubic foot MDF box IIRC. It slams, and I like that, but the new word is sound quality and trying to not spend a million dollars on the install.

If you can't find what you want, I'd be happy to give a shot at building a custom one. I'm working on a custom console for my truck. When its done, you're welcome to check it out and see if you like it.

Its custom molded fiberglass. Can be built to any shape, configuration, or whatever you need. Cheap too.

-I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel