Thread: Hosting Photos for use in forums

Hosting Photos for use in forums

OK - I hope the computers forum is the best place for this. I have been trying to use my Flickr account to host my photos that I share both here and on other forums. But I have been noticing that after a few weeks they seem to not show up anymore when viewed in a forum but they do show up in the flickr photo album.

Is there a special way to get the link for the photo in Flickr that I am not aware of? Up until now, I have just been right clicking > properties > copy link and then paste in forum?

Thanks,

(to see what I am talking about, click the link in my sig for my garage thread)
    <br />98 4Runner Limited<br />1999 Suzuki GSXR750 - Sold Apr/08

Re: Hosting Photos for use in forums

use photobucket, so much easier, and now they even have a mass upload feature if you have lots of photos to upload.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

x2
    Photobucket also gives you options to use IMG code, HTML code, direct links, and turning your picture into avatars. It also allows you to make folders public or private. I like the bulk uploader.

Yup, photobucket works great. That's what I use, and the new bulk uploader deal is awesome. It'll also let you do movies. Plus the basic version is free.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Thanks guys - im going to try photobucket I guess.

I had been using Flickr because I get a free Pro account through my ISP.

Has anyone successfully used flickr in the past?
    <br />98 4Runner Limited<br />1999 Suzuki GSXR750 - Sold Apr/08

photobucket is by far the best free one.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

x10 for photobucket or you can just attach the pics inline in your replies

I :heart: photobucket

Their multiple posting option is a very smart upgrade. 3 at a time was really slow before.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

photobucket is certainly easy. I use it but i also use flickr.

if you want to post a picture from flickr.......make sure you are logged in, click the photo of yours that you want to get the code from, click the "all sizes" link at the top of the image.

Then you get several different sizes of the picture depending on how big the forum is and such. at the bottom of the sizes page you will see the code for blogs and a link for forums.