Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truck Bed Hammock Racks?

Truck Bed Hammock Racks?

Again, not sure this is model specific, so it is here.

Anyone build a decent rack in the bed of a Tundra or Taco to hang hammocks? It would be a lot better than setting a tent on some trips, super cool for going to the drive-ins and just generally handy for a place to hang out comfortably.

I assume supporting two would require front and rear uprights, perhaps with the rear extending past the end of the bed.

Just thinking outloud if you have any ideas, please share!
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Re: Truck Bed Hammock Racks?

nice idea.

I use to hang a hammock i got in Guatemala up on the 04 Level and read underway.

I wonder if you could use a piece of metal that slips in the receiver, go up an appropriate length for the rear attachment.

For the front something across using the stake pockets?

I'm thinking i am going to make a couple rears and use it in the middle of two rigs. Or my rig and a Tree.

Again good idea.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Ideally it would be removable, since the truck is used for other things.

I was thinking of a horseshoe of sorts behind the cab and something that would go in the receiver, but imagine some sort of vertical compression struts would have to connect the two.

I am sneaking under 250 these days, ideally it would allow me to spend quality hammock time with my lady friend or have two separate hammocks.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

I used to string a hammock diagonally through my work van (my boss didn't care if I pocketed the hotel money). I attached it to the ladder rack on the right front and through the rear door on the left. I'm guessing you don't have a ladder rack though, so it's probably a useless idea to you
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

I've been thinking of doing something like this for a while now. My problem is that my bed is bobbed to less than six feet. Either something would have to stick way out the back, or attach to another rig or tree.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Yeah, one upright lets me back up to a tree, but that is not the best.

If I had a ladder rack I wouldn't need a hammock rack!

Tundra beds are just getting on 6 feet, so this is going to have to overhang the rear a bit.

It would have to be self contained (mounted only to the truck). With some sort of restraint, so you could ride in it while your other half drives, LOL. Better yet stick your other half in it and you drive. Cool Idea though, I am about to come across some people catcher nets that would be perfect for a hammock. Mine would have to attach between a tree and the runner, for lack of room.

I was wondering around looking for info on Truck-bed hammocks and found this site. I have a patent on a truck-bed hammock and am in the process of finding a manufacturer for it. If you would like to see some photo's of it just e-mail me at sirwolfange@hotmail.com.

can you just post up the pics? If it drums up some interest here, you might be able to make a few bucks and possibly improve the design by putting together "prototypes" for testing
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

i know its not on a toyota, or self contained to the bed. but this is what i made for my buddys jeep. i have since refined the design and made one for my truck, and am in the process of making another that will hold two hammocks, attaching to either a matching mount on another vehicle, or two different trees.

its pretty self explainatory, and since yota&#39;s have frames, it will be a lot sturdier, the guy in the pic is 250#s and its held up great.

when he gets back from wherever he is, ill have him send me pics of the actual mount.

Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast