Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Failure at its finest

Re: Failure at its finest

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews
    PrintShareThis
    CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Tennessee investigators say a 4-year-old boy was found roaming his neighborhood in the night, drinking beer and wearing a little girl's dress taken from under a neighbor's Christmas tree.

The child's mother, 21-year-old April Wright, tells WTVC-TV the boy "wants to go to jail because that's where his daddy is." Wright says she and the boy's father are going though a divorce.

The boy, found outside his house in Chatanooga on Tuesday, was taken to a hospital and treated for alcohol consumption.

Hamilton County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Janice Atkinson says the incident is being investigated but the department declined to release the report.

The boy's mother says she met with child protective services and was told she will get to keep custody of her son.

biggest fail of that story:
    The boy's mother says she met with child protective services and was told she will get to keep custody of her son.
    im sorry, if i found my 4 year old wondering the streets at midnight, drunk, and wearing a dress, i would give up my kid(s) for their own safety, because obviously im a horrible parent if im allowing stuff like this to happen.

feel sorry for the kids, they are the only true victims in this kind of situation.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

[quote=Seanz0rz ]
    feel sorry for the kids, they are the only true victims in this kind of situation.
    AMEN!
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Quote Originally Posted by gilby4runner
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    AMEN!

ANOTHER QUOTE FAIL !!!!
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

I agree. It's absolutely rediculous how "forgiving" CPS is. I'm dealing with a similar situation right now. Joe and I have custody of his 8 nieces and nephews. Both parents are in jail for drug related charges. This is the 3rd time the children have been in foster care, twice this year alone. The unfortunate thing is, CPS will probably give the children back to the parents once they get out of jail.

The children were living in horrid conditions prior to coming to our house. The gas had been shut off to the house for about a month. The children were filthy, having not had a bath during that time. They had very little clothing and what they did have, was too small for them and dirty. I can't believe people actually treat their own children like that. It's such a shame. They are beautiful children. The crazy thing is, despite the abuse these kids have received, they still remain so devoted to their parents.

I know a few people who work in the local CPS stuff. Its not that they want to be forgiving. Most of them are just like you, and want to see these kids taken away from their parents.

Couple of things get in the way.

1. The laws are written such that they are supposed to be trying to reunite the kids with the parents as soon as the parents have shown the courts that they've made progress to clean up their acts.

2. They are extremely underfunded, just like most government funded social programs. They simply don't have the money, time, or resources to keep many kids in their custody. Foster care is fine, but in many cases, the relatives these kids have are just as bad or worse as the parents (obviously speaking in generalities here, Yotagirl. You guys are not the norm in these cases). So, quite a few of these kids simply cannot be taken care of for very long. They put them back with the parents as soon as the parents are deemed ready by the courts. Sadly, that is often not much better than when they were taken away.

The solution lies with changing the laws and increasing funding. Probably never going to happen.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Yeah, when I said CPS, I meant the law portion of it. Not the people themselves.

As far as the funding goes, I too, was under the immpression that they were short on funds. I found out last weekend from one of my Sorority sisters (who is a social worker for San Bernardino County) that they have much more funding then they are letting on, at least for our county. The social worker I was dealing with was encouraging us to go for legal guardianship. My sister told me they do that to lighten their case loads. After the holidays, we're going to re-evaluate the situation and see what will be the best for the kids. For us, the kids going back to the parents when they get out is not an option.

I applaud you Jenn and Joe, for taking in all 8 of Joes nieces and nephews..

That must be a pretty heavy load considering I think y'all already have 3 on your own..?

I know Im pretty far away, but FWIW if you guys ever need some help let me know
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Life's weird sometimes, *You can chose your friends, but not your family.

Tough situation on both counts as it is family both ways, prayers sent.

This is what happens when a HAM goes seriously OCD -> HAM Cramwich

$25k in radio equipment (how many handhelds do you really need?)

in a $500 Dodge Colt

(I&#39;m wonderng if he turns all the radios on at once if he&#39;ll glow the rest of the night? Does it zap bugs at 50 feet?)
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast