Thread: The Wiki

The Wiki

Who maintains the Wiki now?

I know Marko use to, but havent seen him around for quite some time now.

The last couple of weeks i have seen NorCalBorn, grab the reins and run.

How bout the powers that be make him the UY Wiki guru.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Re: The Wiki

norcal,

dude, your efforts have not gone unnoticed! mastacox is our wiki admin, but you are always free to contribute or why dont you talk directly with mastacox and go from there?

We have an images directory that is used for wiki articles.

I think the wiki is definitely a 2 person job - since Marko fell off the face of the earth, I'm OK with NorCal jumping in.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

I'm fine with Norcal becoming a Wiki Admin, not sure what happened to Marko... Overall, Wiki "admins" don't do a lot more than a regular Wiki user, we just need to be on the lookout for inappropriate info, or malicious attacks. It's not necessarily just our job to fix incorrect info in the Wiki, it's everyone's job!

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    I guess there's a way to easily view the pending submissions too so I don't accidently dupe articles??
    You can preview you submission before it's submitted I think, but it doesn't really matter, because the wiki keeps track of previous versions of the article. Any registered UY user can edit the Wiki articles to change, edit, or update any of the articles in the Wiki. Unregistered users can only read.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    So, in other words, I'm happy there'd be at least 2 people, I hate unchecked facts and misinformation.
    We can check for that kind of stuff, but EVERYONE that is a registered Wiki user should be doing that. The beauty of a Wiki is that everyone can add their input and ideas to Wiki articles.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.