3/4" Plywood (4' x 8')

Tools & Supplies
Circular saw
Goggles, dust mask, gloves and ear plugs
Saw horse
Straight edge
Measuring tape

Summary
As part of my ongoing attempts to make my 4runner more car camping-friendly, I created this simple sleeping platform out of 3/4" plywood to sleep on. This platform will only work if you remove the rear passenger seat bottoms. Remember my seat bolt mod? This is where this mod comes in handy So remove those seat bottoms, lay the seat backs down and get yourself ready for some cutting.

Measurements
The back of the cargo area is almost 4 feet wide. From the rear cargo plastic trim to the back of the center console, it is a hair shy of 6' 3". To be on the safe side, i took the measurement from the inner part of the plastic trim about an inch from the center console. So my final dimensions before cutting out the wheel well humps were 6'2" long and 4' wide.

From there, I measured the distances of the wheel well humps from the inner cargo plastic trim as well as its width and length. This material would need to be cut out so as to allow the platform to lay completely flat.

See the diagram below for the cut line measurements:

Note the distances of the wheel well humps from the rear plastic panel. They are NOT symmetrical and the driver's side is longer too

Pictures
As you can see in the pics below, just about a perfect fit. You will now have exactly 6'2" of solid sleeping space. Laying down on it, it was such a difference to have additional headroom.

Now you might ask, "Why didn't you build a cargo box with a fold out platform like Skyrat did?" Well for one, I want something simple for now. I don't want to build a cargo box. Maybe I will, but I really need the rear cargo space to be free of anything too heavy to lift up and out on a whim. The other question you might have is "Why not raise the platform level with the wheel well humps so you can have a completely flat sleeping area?" Actually, that is what I am planning to do, but given my time constraints this week, I did not do that, but that will be version 1.5. Hopefully you astute 4runners.org fans will chime in with a good collapsible, fold out leg support system! (hint, hint).

Here are some pictures of version 1.0:

Check back in the future for version 1.5!