Thread: "A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."

A quote by Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. Born Jan 15 1929-Martyred on my birthday April 4th 1968.....I was 6. Though some revile him, most revere him and his message. May God rest his soul...

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

The question is not whether we will be extremist but what kind of extremist will we be.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Re: "A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."

great post!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Re: "A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."

happy birthday to the both of you.

i cant even imagine how different the world would be if he was not cut down in his prime.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.