Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4xinnovation Sliders installed thanks to BruceTS

Re: 4xinnovation Sliders installed thanks to BruceTS

Quote Originally Posted by Erich_870
    I guess I always thought the back bar of the sliders went under the pinch weld. I don't have any of my own, so I have no experiance to speak from

Erich
    Look at the pictures again, the back bar is under the pinch weld..... there is no set way to mount sliders, all they really do is protect the rocker panels.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

man those sliders look good! nice looking rig too!

What I am curious about is how easy/hard is it to paint them on the truck, without getting it on the truck...
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    What I am curious about is how easy/hard is it to paint them on the truck, without getting it on the truck...
    Yup...it wasn't an easy task. Took most of the time just prepping it and taping off the whole section with newspaper. It took a little longer because the tape didn't want to stick to the undercarriage . After that you're going to have to take your time and try to get the hard to reach sections without having it run.
    97 4runner Limited<br />2wd---&gt;4wd Conversion

I'm not cocnerned about anything on the undercarraige. lol

Everything under there is painted flat black now.
    I just dont want it on the body.
    -Chris
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.

Hahah...what I meant as the whole section was from the bottom of the door windows down, all the way around the pinch welds to the undercarriage
    97 4runner Limited<br />2wd---&gt;4wd Conversion

i painted mine (save for the tube to plate joint) before installation. i have since repainted them with them on the truck and it is a NIGHTMARE to repaint, but doable. lots of prep.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

so you think weld them together Sean, legs on sliders, and plate on frame...paint everything except that last bit? Or should you put legs on sliders, plate on legs, and paint everything but the plate, THEN weld to frame?
    -Chris

i welded together the legs to the sliders, the plates to the legs (minimize welding on the truck since im bad at it, had to use a generator(too far away from a plug) and because its not comfortable to sit under there all day. plus it allowed me to line them up better), then paint up to the middle of the legs so the paint doesnt burn when you weld. then hit everything with rustoleum or por15.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by montana nate
    Why are the plates for the frame drilled out? Were you going to bolt these on initially? What is the advantage of welding them on vs. bolting? Thanks in advance.
    BruceTS is right about the holes. They are there so they can be bolted on. We also use these plates on some other items.

As for putting the sliders on and paint, it is easiest to clamp the plates to the frame, hold up the sliders and legs and tac it all together. Then remove the clamps and fully weld the legs, plates, and gussets. Then paint up towards the frame plates, weld them on and paint the last bit.

Iceman, The truck looks great with those on there! Good work fellas.
    [size=10pt]4x Innovations - Quality Custom Toyota based tube products at a fair price[/size]<br /><br />Check out the 87 Runner trail rig.<br /><br />-Adam-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123