Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 99 4runner with Diesel engine in Knoxville, TN

Re: 99 4runner with Diesel engine in Knoxville, TN

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    I realize that truck is nothing special to folks outside of the U.S., but that truck is almost exactly what I would want, minus the auto trans.

If my truck were smog exempt, I would do a 1KZ swap. 26 mpg is entirely believeable. That's only 6 mpg better than what I get now and I think I've read the overseas diesel Surf with a manual trans gets 29 mpg highway.
    29 with manual? thats it, im getting a diesel put in this thing, and im not kidding.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    I realize that truck is nothing special to folks outside of the U.S., but that truck is almost exactly what I would want, minus the auto trans.

If my truck were smog exempt, I would do a 1KZ swap. 26 mpg is entirely believeable. That's only 6 mpg better than what I get now and I think I've read the overseas diesel Surf with a manual trans gets 29 mpg highway.
    29 with manual? thats it, im getting a diesel put in this thing, and im not kidding.
    Easily. A guy in RS has got a 70 series cruiser turbo diesel and gets over 30 with a manual. And thats on 33's with stock gearing.

I'd also love to do a diesel swap. Good luck getting it smogged though. I can do it because I can get it registered at my folks place, where there are no emmissions requirements. I just don't have the cash.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

south carolina has no emissions either. ill be fine.

south carolina has no emissions either. ill be fine.
    Sweet action. Well, DO IT MAN!!!!!
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Quote Originally Posted by Good Times
    bigger is ALWAYS better!

plus it's an lc80!! I'd say lc80 over the 3rd gen any day (doh!)
    your homosexual tendencies are coming out again lance...keep it on the Dlow

26+ mpg, thats hard to believe, maybe in the 23-25 range.
    Yes the average for a manual version overseas is 29 mpg, plus the engine puts out more ponies.....
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

less ponies more torque from what ive read, but with a chip it can do more.

dieseltoys.com is probably where ill have my conversion done, i think by summer of 09, I should be set to drive it down to San Antonio to leave it. 12-13k in conversion price. Also doesnt seem to include the money back with selling my engine and and other crap.

Id go manual tranny, and of course id probably up the boost on the turbo to see what I could do.

the 1HDT found in the 80 series cruisers here can EASILY average 22~27 combined mpg. for a 5000lb all wheel drive beast...thats pretty damn good.

that runner looks clean...nice job on the conversion. i'd pay 22k for it...but for a few grand LESS, you could get a low K locked diesel 80 up here.
    sonny<br />1998 4Runner LTD...d0uble locked on 35&#039;s<br />crawlinbc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Times
    bigger is ALWAYS better!

plus it's an lc80!! I'd say lc80 over the 3rd gen any day (doh!)
    your homosexual tendencies are coming out again lance...keep it on the Dlow

Size Queen!!!!
    My signature

well i called dieseltoyz

half clips cost more now, like around 6500 instead of the 4500-5500 usual price.

guess about 15k for a full build up from them if you dont do it yourself.

also the autos for these get better mileage and are quicker due to the constant boost range or so i was told.

Im gonna check around, if possible i could do this myself over time, probably not..... but would be nice.

oh and the AVG fuel mileage on interstate with 60-65 is 30-32mpg and thats with auto.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast