Thread: Alternative to .308 AR?

Alternative to .308 AR?

I'm looking at getting a .308 AR, probably a dpms, but would like some suggestions on other .308 semi-autos out there. What are you favorites?
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Re: Alternative to .308 AR?

Springfield Armory M-1A match grade, chambered in 7.62. I have a extra white stock from cold weather training if you want to be diffrent. Mount a Mark 4 mill dot for optics and call it a day. Harris bi-pod too if you like to "AT&T"

I've always been an H+K fan, never owed one, and probably never will in CA. I guess I know why you moved to AZ.

I used to to shoot an M1 (not M1A - 30'06) in competition and have fond memories of it so I'd have to second the M1A if that suits your needs.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

I really like the looks of the Rock River Arms LAR-8, specifically the LAR-8 varmint. They have 3 different lengths available for the rifle... I need to get some more "basic" guns (like a .40 or .45 cal Glock) before I go wild with a $1300 semi-auto tactical rifle though.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=254
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

I'm still a big fan of the FN-FAL..... such a fun rifle to shoot.

99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

i second the fn-fal, uncle sells parts for them. www.gunpartsguy.com He has alot of other gun related stuff like red dot sights and such. great guy to do business with. the business has nearly ruined his marriage several times, so you know he is a workaholic and will go the extra mile for you.[/shameless_plug]

unfortunately, in this state, looking at those guns is probably a felony...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Wow i didnt know C.A. gun laws was so bad! You should move down here in Texas where you can get a Carry & Conceal permit in 2 afternoon class's. Were all gun and rifle friendly here.

If I ever decide to get a 7.62 rifle I'd like to get an HK-417 (if they ever sell them to civilians) but will probably go with a Noveske rifle (http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/).

What are you looking to spend?
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

Good ideas guys. I've got more researching to do. The gunshow is coming up in a couple weeks so I'll be on the look out for some deals. I was eying the dpms LR 308

http://www.dpmsinc.com/firearms/firearm.aspx?id=14

I've seen it around the gunshops for a little less than $1000.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.