Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about hotdog etiquette...

Question about hotdog etiquette...

So I walk into the Mavrick fuel/convenience store this morning, hungry because I forgot to eat breakfast before I left. A quick scan of the layout yielded an appealing DIY hotdog station at the rear of the store just to the right of the cash-wrap. Encouraged by the increased volume of saliva reflexively produced to aid digestion, I moved toward the station. After wrestling one of the paper dog cradles from the middle of the stack (middle of the stack is not likely to have been dropped on the doubtlessly septic floor by a careless patron previously), I unsleeved my individually wrapped dog bun (also from the middle of the bag...) and loaded it with two packets of Heinz ketchup and one packet of mustard; topped off with a shovel full of onion slivers. Parenthetically, I load the bun with condiments first because under the dog, they are less likely to rest on my shirt while biting on the end of the dog.

Now to the meat of the story as well as that of the dog. With my recently prepared dog bun, I cruised over to the funky roller machine that heats and contains the various dog choices. I peered into the roller machine thingy and spotted my prey. A perfectly rolled and heated 1/4 pound (right...) mega-dog resting next to a shriveled yester-dog called my name. So I reached in and plucked the greasy morsel from it's position and placed it on top of the bun in the tray.

It was then that I noticed the screwed up face of an onlooker obviously troubled that i didn't bother to use the provided tongs to select my meat. Which brings my to my question. If I can clamp down on the dog and bring it out of the roller thingy and rest it on the bun with my bare fingers while NOT touching any of the other dogs, What does it matter that I didn't use the stinkin' tongs which I guarantee have been on the floor and touched everyone else's measley dog? What, do I HAVE to use the tongs to be demonstrate proper manners? Sheesh!

Anyway, I blew the busy-body off and consumed my dog in the peace and quiet of my Tundra....
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Re: Question about hotdog etiquette...

fuster,

you mustve met my busy body old neighbor at the quik-e-mart. did they have an argentinian accent??!

my other comment: dude, a hotdog for breakfast?!?!? eewwww.

you crack me up!

in all honesty I've never consumed one of those "questionable" dog stands. I always fear that someone doing exactly what you did except touching all of them! I will note that they do look pretty damn appetizing when you're starving.
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Considering what is actually in a hot dog (ok, maybe the shorter list is what isn't in one), your fingers certainly aren't going to do any harm.

Although, the guy who opened the door before you didn't wash his hands after using the restroom, so you still got your daily helping of germs.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

i do the same, we have a crappy place here on campus that sells pizza slices that you get yourself.

i always pick my pizza up after seeing some douchebag drop the spatchula on the damn ground and put it back on the pie chart.

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

I would think a corndog is more appropriate for breakfast over a hotdog with onions from the open container that the last person with a cold sneezed over.
    My signature

Bob, I was a bachelor until my late twenties. I can eat anything but asperagus at anytime as long as I don't have to set the table and there are no dishes to wash afterwards...Hehe.

For the record, I always take my onion bits from the bottom of the pile...:hilbill:
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

LOL.... you should have taken a huge bite out of the dog, gave it a few chewes, then said boldly to the guy "What?" mouth wide open.......
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck
    ...After wrestling one of the paper dog cradles from the middle of the stack (middle of the stack is not likely to have been dropped on the doubtlessly septic floor by a careless patron previously), I unsleeved my individually wrapped dog bun (also from the middle of the bag...) ...It was then that I noticed the screwed up face of an onlooker obviously troubled that i didn't bother to use the provided tongs to select my meat. Which brings my to my question. If I can clamp down on the dog and bring it out of the roller thingy and rest it on the bun with my bare fingers while NOT touching any of the other dogs, What does it matter that I didn't use the stinkin' tongs which I guarantee have been on the floor and touched everyone else's measley dog?

and yet, being so careful to not have items that have fallen on the floor or been touched by others, YOU ARE EATING A FRICKEN GAS STATION HOT DOG! are you aware what is allowed by law to fall into an industrial sausage press?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Times
    you crack me up!

in all honesty I've never consumed one of those "questionable" dog stands.
    me either!
    however... i have eaten them wrapped in bacon??? from the steet vendors in tijuana, obviously with enough tequila to kill most germs.
    [quote author=Euphorickaty80 link=topic=575.msg3747#msg3747 date=1175627780]<br />I was alot of fun to build.[/quote]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast