Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Adding a new Toy work vehicle to the herd!

Re: Adding a new Toy work vehicle to the herd!

Yeah...I believe he's on the right track, too. Usually, with an air idle valve, if it's sticking it's not affected much by throttle engagement/release like what you're describing. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with that motor, so I can't tell you exactly how to test it. But, it can't be much different than any other.
    "All I know can be shown by your acceptance of the facts that are shown before you..."

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    I should do that again. ONe thing I noticed about the PB Blaster, it's great for unsticking parts, but doesn't have a long life as a lubricant. Maybe I should spray the inside and outside again, work it, and then a couple days later add some WD-40 or silicone lube?
    I think the bit about using PB to loosen it is a good idea, but WD-40 or Silicone lube is pretty thin and might not last. Then again, the bushings are some form of plastic or possibly teflon. It may just be that in the process of cleaning everything some dirt got washed into the bushings and is gumming up the works. I believe the linkage side has a tiny rubber seal to prevent air leaks and the other side is sealed with a tiny "freeze plug" looking thing. giving it a good spray from the inside may be best, and if you want to lube it I think you may also have to do that from the inside. If it was mine, after flushing the bushings with PB I might put a few drops of Marvel Mystery Oil in there and be done with it.

MarvelMysteryOil.com
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

That's a good price if it is a 5spd and really does run well. I'd take that paint over my rust any day.

I crazedlist search the entire west coast for these everyday. One of these days I'll find a cheap parts donor van. :P A 4wd automatic with a blown headgasket/engine problems and a decent interior/exterior would be perfect. The 4wd automatics have 4.88 gears which would come in handy later for bigger tires. :P
    My signature

What size differential does your van have? If it's the standard 7.5"/8", the pick a part down here has several LSD's that only cost ~$40 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    What size differential does your van have? If it's the standard 7.5"/8", the pick a part down here has several LSD's that only cost ~$40 . . .
    The rear is the 7.5" and the front is a 6ish" something. I believe some Celicas had LSD's that fit the front as well. I'll find out what the front one is exactly.

I've been wanting to get one of those for the front of the 4runner as well.
    My signature

Celica Supra with the 5MGE had a 7.5" LSD, about a month ago I pulled one from an '82 with 205k miles on it and the clutch packs still looked great. I'll keep an eye out for another on my next junkyard run for you

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789