Thread: Knoxville cleanup, 5/4/2008

Knoxville cleanup, 5/4/2008

For all you Local People. This is one area we dont want to get the Rangers mad at us. Way to many things to do out there.

Come out and help out.

If you are part of a Local Club please pass this along if it hasn't already been addressed.

Title: Knoxville cleanup

Date: Sunday May 4, 2008
    Time: All Day
    Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 10 days, 1 minute.
    Notes:
    Go here for more details:
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=655000

"With every trail in the US facing closure to our sport, we have yet another chance to stand up and take responsibility.

Deputy Mark Warrington of the Napa County Sheriff’s Department has released this years date for the annual Knoxville OHV Clean-Up.

The clean-up will be taking place May 4th, 2008. Deputy Warrington has asked all participants to arrive at The Hunter Creek Campground at 8:00 AM (Directions below).

Please bring any cleaning supplies you can. This would include as many large trash bags as possible, rakes, shovels, gloves, trailers, etc.

A kick-ass BBQ lunch is provided FREE OF CHARGE. So RSVP with Deputy Warrington at mwarrington@co.napa.ca.us

Knoxville OHV is one of the last public trail and shooting areas in Northern California.

At roughly 30,000 acres, Knoxville is home to an assortment of easy to medium trails, several types of wild game, camping, and rifle and pistol shooting ranges.

Knoxville OHV is located about an hour Northeast of the City of Napa. It’s a beautiful drive that runs across Lake Berryessa.

DIRECTIONS:
    FROM NAPA, TAKE HIGHWAY 121 (MONTICELLO ROAD) TO HIGHWAY 128 ( MOSKOWITE CORNERS) , TURNING LEFT ON TO CAPELL VALLEY ROAD. CONTINUE TO “TURTLE ROCK BAR” AND TURN RIGHT ON KNOXVILLE BERRYESSA ROAD TOWARDS SPANISH FLAT RESORT. CONTINUE ON KNOXVILLE BERRYESSA ROAD FOR ABOUT 25 MILES CROSSING ABOUT 8 LOW WATER CROSSINGS, TO MILE POST MARKER 32.00. TURN LEFT ON THE GRAVEL ROAD (DEVIL’S HEAD ROAD) AND MEET AT THE INFORMATION CENTER ABOUT 1/2 MILE UP THE ROAD.

I haven’t decided if I will be camping the night before, or if I will leave in the morning. It really depends on if anyone wants to meet in Napa so I can guide them up the hill.

Remember, if you’re interested in going, shoot Deputy Warrington an e-mail at mwarrington@co.napa.ca.us, or PM me for more details."
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Re: Knoxville cleanup, 5/4/2008

NO one in Nor Cal these days but me?

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

bump

Reggie, it was nice to meet you up at Knoxville.

Are there no other norcal members on here?
    Steve/KG6ZJL &lt;&gt;&lt;<br /><br />1988 4Runner... it&#039;s giving my wallet anxiety issues.<br /><br />&#039;Locking the hubs and airing down... there is no better way to start a weekend!&#039; - Me<br /><br />www.SteveArnett.com