Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck leaning, need opinions and help soon!!

Re: Truck leaning, need opinions and help soon!!

i will take those pics tomorrow and post them up by early afternoon
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

panhard disconnected maybe? im starting to think maybe a spring perch shot off into the obliteration or something.

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

If the front is sagging, there is a possibility that you blew out a shock. Loss of nitrogen will cause that side to sag and give a feeling of a wobble going down the highway.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    If the front is sagging, there is a possibility that you blew out a shock. Loss of nitrogen will cause that side to sag and give a feeling of a wobble going down the highway.
    i think he bought new front shocks and springs though

thats correct, brand new front shocks and springs
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

I know just tossing out ideas on what could cause the problem, since the problem is still there after the swap, the only other thing I can think of is a bent frame, but without actually seeing the rig who knows what it is. If it were at my house I'd have it figured out in second.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

yeah this is confusing.

have you checked body mounts kyle?

it would have to be a pretty bad bend in order to cause this much lean correct?

blake, i did check the body mounts, they are all symmetrical with one another as far as i can tell. there are only 8 body mounts on the 3rd gen right?

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerUp
    it would have to be a pretty bad bend in order to cause this much lean correct?

blake, i did check the body mounts, they are all symmetrical with one another as far as i can tell. there are only 8 body mounts on the 3rd gen right?
    yeah 2 front, 2 rear and 3 on each side (6)

this really doesnt make sense inless you may have broken an engine mount or something too

well toyota said my tranny mount is worn out, though no one else seems to think that is the case, however it is a cheap enough part i might just replace it just to do it.

i suppose i will check my motor mounts tomorrow, however you would think that toyota would check that out too when they discovered that my tranny mount is "bad" which is covered by a skid plate.

so am i correct in thinking that the rear control arms have almost nothing to do with ride height?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast