View Poll Results: Do you use your own reusable grocery bags?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

9 56.25%
  • Umm not yet

6 37.50%
  • Huh? whatcha talkin bout Willis?

1 6.25%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you use your own reusable grocery bags?

Do you use your own reusable grocery bags?

If you haven't noticed plastic bags have been getting a really bad wrap because it's causing a lot of headaches across the world by wasting landfill space and contaminating the oceans. Many local governments are taking an aggressive move to ban these so called plastic bags or even forcing businesses to charge consumers a fee to use the plastic bags.

So how many of you use your own reusable grocery bags? It's still a relatively new movement but my friends have begun using them so I'm curious how many others are. Most stores will sell em for $1 or so or you can get em for free if you take this online quiz.

quiz: Take the test to get your free bags!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Re: Do you use your own reusable grocery bags?

i dont, but i do bring bags back to the grocery store sometimes.

i wish i could say i was better about this
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

No I don't, but I have noticed that the grocery store now gives you paper bags unless you ask for plastic. This is a complete 180 from what it used to be. I recycle and thats as far as I am going to go with the grocery bag thing.

i hate plastic bags i think they are the worst thing to ever happen to the world
    85 4 runner that's just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

try to watch this video and see if you will think of plastic as a great thing
    http://www.wetsand.com/article.asp?l...328&SubTabID=0
    85 4 runner that's just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

I don't but maybe I should look into it.

I hate plastic bags! What's the point, they might as well just dump the groceries all over the back of the Tacoma, because that is where they all end up if they are put in plastic bags. All our bags we get (paper or plastic) get reused for other things at least once before getting recycled or tossed.

We are switching from regular diapers to ones that are made from natural products and are biodegradeable. We'll see how they work.
    My signature

i should, but i don't

i do end up keeping most of the plastic bags i get though, just to use whenever.

i also try to tell them i don't need a bag if i'm not getting too many things.

I don't, But I should.
    The worst part is I work at a supermarket now...

We offer recyclable bags.
    And we also offer an incentive for customers to bring back and reuse there bags
    A cent for every plastic bag
    and
    Two cents for every paper or canvas bag they bring back.

They have some nice brown ones I should by that would match Tess's interior nicely.

Yeah, we offer reusable bags at the grocery store I work at too. Then we give a six cent refund for every bag that they bring in again to reuse, regardless of what kind of bag.
    ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿<br /> Wayne W.<br />2000 4Runner SR5<br />3&quot; Revtek Lift, 265/70R17&#039;s<br />Doug Thorley/Jardine Cat-Back &amp; Injen Intake<br />Doug Thorley Headers<br />Eclipse Head Unit &amp; 2 Phoenix Gold 12&#039;s<br />w/Phoenix Gold 500.2 &amp; custom box

Quote Originally Posted by MasterWIII
    Yeah, we offer reusable bags at the grocery store I work at too. Then we give a six cent refund for every bag that they bring in again to reuse, regardless of what kind of bag.
    Wow, makes my store really cheap.
    But honestly in the area I am in, the people could careless.
    They are rich enough to drive there huge gas gusslers, send there kids to private school and Ivy League Schools, and take vactions to the far corners of the planet.
    Why the hell do I live in this area, I can't do any of that....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast