View Poll Results: Do you use your own reusable grocery bags?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

9 56.25%
  • Umm not yet

6 37.50%
  • Huh? whatcha talkin bout Willis?

1 6.25%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you use your own reusable grocery bags?

Tourist

Re: Do you use your own reusable grocery bags?

When I take the wagon, the backpack or the bob trailer I don't use bags at all. When I have to take the truck I use paper or plastic bags for everything but the milk, beer, that sort of stuff, and bring them back to be recycled.

'96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

Alot of stores up here now are switching to banning the plastic bags completely including many of the major grocery chains. We already use reusable bags and just leave them in the back of the vehicle so when you head into the store you just bring the bags with you. Honestly it takes maybe another 10 seconds max to use your own bags and after a while it just becomes second nature. It's a routine just like putting gas in your truck.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

I haven't started bringing my own, but I don't use them whenever possible. I'll take my stuff out of them and leave them with the clerk if they're not responsive to my request.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

i bought a couple when they first came out because our local store switched plastic bag companies, and they were thinner than onion skins, and about as strong. my mom still uses them, i dont so much because here at school i could never remember to bring them with.

i usually reuse my plastic bags several times though, once they are done with groceries, they will serve as trash bags or as bags in the truck, when i go between home and school and need to carry shoes, they go in one. i never throw them away unless they are soiled. usually i will put them in the recycle, since they are HDPE and will recycle with milk jugs and the like.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Does everyone work at a grocery store? I get plastic cause its gets caught up in the dolphins mouth. Ummmm tuna, definitly plastic !

Great video mikey!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

My wife does. She has a bag of bags in the back of the car. She gets them free from conferences and such. She does the shopping (food) so they're in the back of her car. Now, if I go to HomieD or somewhere else I usually come home with them. We use them when we clean out the little box.

yeah we have an insulated one from trader joes, but we are just getting used to using them. i think you really gotta have them in your car like mike does in order to get max use out of it. its too easy to forget them.

I haven't moved towards reuseable bags yet but I insist on paper bags all the time. I also save my bags for several uses before tossing them. Paper bags are much more recyclable than plastic and they are made from recycled materials. I need to get in to the whole reuse grocery bag thing because its so annoying having to ASK for paper bags (they don't ask me, they just put everything in plastic here, thats Ralphs in La Jolla).
    -Ned<br /><br />1997 4Runner 4x4 3.4L V6 Black<br />OME/TRD Lift | 265 Pro comp MT | AR Bajas 16x8, Kenwood Excelon KDCx789 | Polk DB650 speakers | WabFab Discos | Other stuff<br />

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
    yeah we have an insulated one from trader joes, but we are just getting used to using them. i think you really gotta have them in your car like mike does in order to get max use out of it. its too easy to forget them.
    Bob, you hit the nail on the head. In order to make good use of them, when you go get groceries or whatever, the final part of the process after unloading everything into the fridge has to be to walk the bags back out and toss em into the truck. I know I forget myself if I don't.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast