View Poll Results: Do you use your own reusable grocery bags?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

9 56.25%
  • Umm not yet

6 37.50%
  • Huh? whatcha talkin bout Willis?

1 6.25%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you use your own reusable grocery bags?

Tourist

Re: Do you use your own reusable grocery bags?

Today at the grocery store everyone in line chose either paper, none or brought their own. The whole plastic is evil appears to be catching on...
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

hab where in the world do you shop cuz monst all of the places I've hit many still use plastic! grr

I will note that the only grocery store that I've noticed where ppl bring their own bags is Trader Joe's. They don't even offer plastic bags there
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Today, I noticed 8 out of 10 customers would choose to either bag there own or paper, and complained about this and that with the plastic stuff.
    Its catching on very fast.

Yeah, a lot of people here still bag their groceries in plastic. Slowly but surely though people are buying our reusable bags and bringing them back. Or any bag that they choose to bring, even if its a Safeway bag...I do think its funny how a decade or two ago, everyone thought plastic bags were amazing and so much better than paper cause they had handles...
    ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿<br /> Wayne W.<br />2000 4Runner SR5<br />3&quot; Revtek Lift, 265/70R17&#039;s<br />Doug Thorley/Jardine Cat-Back &amp; Injen Intake<br />Doug Thorley Headers<br />Eclipse Head Unit &amp; 2 Phoenix Gold 12&#039;s<br />w/Phoenix Gold 500.2 &amp; custom box

all you have to do is pay attention to tv and radio to know that peoples minds are changing. i know out here we keep see and hearing these tv and radio ads "plastics make it possible" i think so many people ar sterring away from plastic no that the idustry is trying to remind people that they are relevant....personally I think that san francisco is a totally sick city but they did something right in banning the plastic bag
    85 4 runner that&#39;s just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

Quote Originally Posted by MasterWIII
    Yeah, a lot of people here still bag their groceries in plastic. Slowly but surely though people are buying our reusable bags and bringing them back. Or any bag that they choose to bring, even if its a Safeway bag...I do think its funny how a decade or two ago, everyone thought plastic bags were amazing and so much better than paper cause they had handles...
    Up here stores don't care if you bag your items with a competitor's bag.....doing the right thing really removes possibility of any further criticisms.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

i dont know if boston is trying to be wasteful or what but ill tell you guys, out here your groceries are bagged in plastic by default, and if not, then youre probably at trader joes.

even whole foods defaults to plastic.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Tourist

Quote Originally Posted by Good Times
    hab where in the world do you shop cuz monst all of the places I've hit many still use plastic! grr

I will note that the only grocery store that I've noticed where ppl bring their own bags is Trader Joe's. They don't even offer plastic bags there
    Dierbergs is where I was at the time. At the other two stores I shop plastic is still quite prevalent. At one of them you bag your own goodies and the plastic is readily available, the paper is under the counter and sometimes stuck together and difficult to open. I really should get some reusable jobbies for when I do use bags....then I'd have to remember to bring them with....
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

as a result of this thread, i asked for paper bags at this market near my apartment... when i finished paying and walked over to get the bags, i saw that they put the paper bag inside of a plastic bag
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Nice Double whammy!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast