Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10mm, grade 8 Bolts

Re: 10mm, grade 8 Bolts

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    McMaster is your best source. Also your looking for grade 8.8 which is the equivalent (more or less) to SAE grade five. I am sure your also looking for those famous M6x1.25 which normally take a 10mm wrench. Metric grade 10.9 is equivalent (more or less) to SAE grade 8, which your only gonna find IN your motor or drivetrain.
    Thanks 4runnerchevy!

I'm glad you mentioned the metric grades compared to SAE. I was assuming Metric 8.8 was higher than SAE 8.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Thanx, where I work I am the hardware guru!

4runnerchevy,

I'm searching McMaster-Carr right now and their not showing an option for M6x1.25. The only bolt in 1.25 is M8, M10, M12 for grade 8.8 and M8 for grade 10.9.

I also went to the hardware store and only found M6x1.0 and M8x1.25. I grabbed a couple of each, but I haven't had time to check them on some loose bolts from my rig.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

please let me know the exact size of the bolts/nuts you want, i have a supplier which i can order almost anything except security bolts. i can check it for you.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGen
    please let me know the exact size of the bolts/nuts you want, i have a supplier which i can order almost anything except security bolts. i can check it for you.
    I don't know what I want, that's the problem I'll get some pics and compare the bolts/nuts I got this weekend to some from the rig tonight and report back.

Erich
    -Erich
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

here is their website, you can check their on-line pdf catalogues, but if you need something special, they can order for you for sure. i used them few times for my work, because they are close to me, and i'm very happy with their service.

http://www.specialty-fasteners.com/products_bolts.html

they are specialized in automotive fasteners.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGen
    here is their website, you can check their on-line pdf catalogues, but if you need something special, they can order for you for sure. i used them few times for my work, because they are close to me, and i'm very happy with their service.

http://www.specialty-fasteners.com/products_bolts.html

they are specialized in automotive fasteners.
    Thanks, I'll check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by tulsa_sr5
    Tulsa, that is AWESOME! This is something hardware stores should have in their fastener isle.

I ran home for lunch and checked the bolts off of the plastic skid plate on the drivers side frame rail. They are M8x1.25 bolts. I don't have one of the shorter ones handy yet.

Thanks for the info and keep it coming!

Erich
    -Erich
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

fastenal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12