Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Ring and Pinion ?

Re: Best Ring and Pinion ?

lol no worries, got a buddy going to check first thing tomorrow
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

I've heard US gear is pretty good too.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Bighead ,
    thankx man

Robinhood4x4,
    thats the other one I was thinking of, never could remember the name, thankx
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Zuk over at gearinstalls.com has had some pretty good things to say about Motiv gears. I've yet to find anything negative about them so far and I will probably go with them when I re-gear.
    Diamond HP8 SAS / FROR Full Float Rear / DIY F&amp;R bumper / Nitto 285s / Gen1 SC (in progress)

From my understand, Yukon gears are sets compiled from several brands of gears that are repacked as Yukon gears. So it is possible that you could have landed a cheaper brand, like Genuine Gear (I couldn't find a shop that wanted to deal with those). But sometimes the gears are not marked or anything so you don't know what you got. It is possible however that you can get a higher quality RP set such as Richmond or PG from a yukon kit.

I think Precision Gear is the most common and trouble free RP I've read about for our trucks. PG would be a good choice!
    -Ned<br /><br />1997 4Runner 4x4 3.4L V6 Black<br />OME/TRD Lift | 265 Pro comp MT | AR Bajas 16x8, Kenwood Excelon KDCx789 | Polk DB650 speakers | WabFab Discos | Other stuff<br />

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12