Thread: Waterproof LED Utility Lights...

Waterproof LED Utility Lights...

I just built the website for the guy who makes these. He got started on "The Hull Truth" (a boating forum) and is expanding to other venues. Anyway, I got some of the lights today, and all I can say is WOW! They are awesome!

his website is: CoastalNightLights

lemme know what you think about the webpage if you get a chance to take a look...

Anyway, they're very good quality and worth checking out if you want some waterproof utility lights that draw very little current for offroading or camping.

He's working on some spreaders for topside use as well - basically a standard fog light. I got two of the double-longs to mount each side of the transom of my boat and a double-stack one to make a "portable" submersible light from. the cool thing is that they are VERY low amp draw and they will work w/ a regular 9-volt battery if you want to take them to the beach, use them camping, or stow them away as an emergency light, etc... these are the GREEN ones... they are also MUCH brighter on 12v, but the tiny 9v makes them quite handy!

here's one hooked up to a standard 9v battery...

here's the beam pattern - about 4' diameter at a distance of approximately 9'. this pic was taken with the FLASH ON, so that's why the light doesn't appear as bright as it truly is.

-andy

Re: Waterproof LED Utility Lights...

looks a lot like www.4rnr.net

Quote Originally Posted by garrett
    looks a lot like www.4rnr.net
    garrett, you owe me a new keyboard dude. ahahahahaha

those look awesome (green aint my thing for lights at the moment though). i could deff use some white ones!!! awesome.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

lol... no shizzle. why change a layout that works. i showed that to him and he said it would work, so that's what i built it around. easy enough to build using HTML and i already know the ins and outs of that code.

anyway, these are green, and will be on my boat for inshore and close-to-shore night fishing. the whites would be pretty sweet for camping/expedition setups since they will run literally for days on a deep cycle battery (about 1/2-amp draw for the singles and right at 1-amp for the doubles.)
    -andy

lol, i retract my earlier response. for some reason i had it in my head that 4rnr.net was actually t4r.org, which it obviously isnt.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.