Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Gen 4Runner

1st Gen 4Runner

So I want one. . . whose got em??? I found this one right down the road. . . its an 88 with a blown motor, no driveshafts, and he has to go to WV to get the Toyota rearend for $800. What do ya'll think???

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.   

Re: 1st Gen 4Runner

same as most forums... (img) and (/img) where the parentheses are acutally brackets [ ] [/ ]

Got the pics to work...thanks Garrett!
    I like sporking from behind.   

Just buy one already
    1988 4Runner 3.Slow<br /><br />-33x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials<br />-High flow cat/ flowmaster muffler<br />-Engine replaced at 200k<br />-Green Rattle can paint + Herculiner<br /><br />Wanted<br />1st gen parts, door hinges, interior etc...<br /><br /><br />God works through Christians; I am a Christian.<br />-George W. Bush

hmmm....$800? Looks like it's got a body lift on it now. I'd say talk him down to $500 if possible, throw a D60 under the rear end and pick up a 3.4 donor engine and have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by jsnby
    hmmm....$800? Looks like it's got a body lift on it now. I'd say talk him down to $500 if possible, throw a D60 under the rear end and pick up a 3.4 donor engine and have at it.

Yeh its gotta BL right now. I'll definately wave $500 in his face. What I like is it has a solid body and more than less a solid frame. I'll check it over WELL when I go to look at it. I already have this 4.3 and 4l60 that I'm gonna build and put it down in there....I'd rather have a 3.4 but I already have this 4.3.
    I like sporking from behind.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Speaking of which.. Jeremy, There is a guy in town with a 4.3 vortec that is missing a few odds and ends(pulleys and what not) that he will probably let go for cheap.
    Philip<br />-90 2Dr 4runner<br />www.cootees.net

Quote Originally Posted by cootees
    Speaking of which.. Jeremy, There is a guy in town with a 4.3 vortec that is missing a few odds and ends(pulleys and what not) that he will probably let go for cheap.
    Hmmm....might hafta wait....I can't afford it at the moment man...thanks for the heads up tho

Did you look at that Runner yet J? That guy has a ton of parts for it too and has been trying to sell it for awhile...
    1987 Toyota 4Runner<br />Specs Here: 4Runner Page

Quote Originally Posted by amgraham
    Did you look at that Runner yet J? That guy has a ton of parts for it too and has been trying to sell it for awhile...
    Not yet...he wants to sell me the rearebd and springs besides throwing it in with it, so thats minus motor, rearend and springs, and driveshafts. Fpr $800 thats a little steep..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast